Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Am I the only one that sits on a bench outside Ts and tears the coupons out, and dumps the mags in their bins? Mind you, I do have to walk home.

No you're not on your own. I'm on the other end of the bench :cool:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Spooky - that's what I'm doing shortly!

Surgery is near a Ts so a mag hunt for me too.

Well I had mine and I'm now sweating, face all shiny :o. Because I'm over 65 I get a special new flu jab. I hate needles but this wasn't too bad. I didn't bleed this time :T

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Options
    My local Mr T has the mags. I picked up 3 on Wednesday and Mr AJ got 3 yesterday. I don't like the baked crisps but ds4 does. He is no further on finding a new flat :eek: the two of them haven't made much of an effort saving up. I can see they will be still be here at [STRIKE]Chris[/STRIKE] the end of the year.

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Am I the only one that sits on a bench outside Ts and tears the coupons out, and dumps the mags in their bins? Mind you, I do have to walk home.

I have before now but got taxi home had mine and mums shopping so bags heavy .
  • altojack
    Options
    Scamps , did you say your wife was paid this money? Why isn't she the one they are after for repayment? It seems so wrong.

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

Budge up you two. :D

The wind is really picking up again this morning. Stay safe.

Kettle's on........
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    A wee hint for newbies about !!!!!! mag coupons. Ones you you think are useless, KEEP THEM until expiry. !!!!!! sometimes overlap price reductions and the coupons. So a coupon that seems uselss might become useful before they expire, so keep them. Also in the past some have scanned for higher amounts or scan for other products too.
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    Both, Now that UC has finally kicked in, apparenly my wife was overpaid child tax credits and I have to pay half!( not my son)

I haven;t worked since 2011 from an accident, to my legs.

They're chasing me for the overpayment and I only get £225 a month whilst my my ex gets £1400.

I aint got a clue what todo!!!

As others have said, don't worry,get proper advice.

Without APG, maybe get into coupons and competitions.
    princes tuna for free
    https://www.princes.co.uk/digitalfillers/

!!!!!! mag fro crisps

You could possibly sell each on 50p per or even 2 for £1.50

Wish my !!!!!! sold the prince's, would save visiting another store and I could get 2 in 1 shop.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

Ordered 2 front fastening bras from d@m@rt for my upcoming op and they are too small :( Have to pay postage to send them back :mad:
    However got a free fleece tweed effect coat with it that I like very much. Do I have to return the free gift too or just the goods I paid for.
    Anyone done this before.
    Looks like will have to pay a trip to MnS now :eek:

I'd be very surprised if they let you keep it but you never know

Good Morning all :)

Had a couple of my " episodes" this morning when I was in Lidl then Morissons then when I was putting a box of lager in the boot and leaning over I banged my head as I couldn't see as my hood was up and the shock of that made me hurt my back lol
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

Think it ll be a crowded bench lol. I got about 10 in Tesco Chester as none in Wrexham yet sorted mine out in Mc Donald's. I ve done them on a park bench and on the bus home before now lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure