Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello,
    what an awful 3 weeks I have had in RL :(
    after having a lovely 3 days in London babysitting, going to mr man roadshow acquiring several books and vitamin tablets, being a 'local' if only to tell tourists directions and having a good journey home.. we had a phone call.
    a dear friend and former work colleague of DH passed away, it was very unexpected, he had bowel cancer which he beat and was waiting for a reversal op, but he died of ischemic heart disease :( we have been friends with them for over 40 years, although they moved several years ago we have had regular visits and catch ups and going to the respective childrens weddings.
    He was 72, the other friend in the trio with my DH, who were godparents to our children passed away 8 years ago he was 68:(
    so just my DH left:(:eek:
    This latest passing has really knocked the stuffing from me and ive found it difficult to focus on what I should be.... Is it selfish of me thinking how I would cope in the same situation,? I know I would survive but I know I wouldn't cope, I know that sounds very negative, I have been very aware of life and don't take things for granted, probably due to over 30years working and caring for the elderly and palliative on community for the nhs.
    The funeral is this coming week in Worcester at the crem, so a long drive, I in the normal way that would have been ok, but after having my 3 nights down in London this week the 2nd night my blow up mattress sprung a leak so from 1am I was on the settee, and by gum that was uncomfortable:eek:
    I awoke from probably an hours sleep finding I ached in every bone in my body...far more than usual and had a headache, putting both down to lack of sleep.
    I drove home in good time at lunchtime only taking 2 hrs 20 mins, I felt fine whilst driving got out of the car and I was so stiff I didn't how to move, so within 1/2 hr of being home I was in bed. nausea, temp, swollen glands and tonsils, headache felt dreadful and like that for 3 days, dosing up on brufen and paracetamol and copious amounts of water. I still feel rough but far from well my throat is the main problem when swallowing, but heyho ill get over it
    So I have now cancelled going to my nieces daughter christening, and cancelled London for 1 night as I don't think id have the energy to drive about 800 miles in 3 days to include babysitting, a christening a funeral and 2 nights away, 1 in London on 'the uncomfortable settee' and 1 in a t.lodge at stratford upon avon before the funeral in worcester:(
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    today we receive some devastating news, my tearaway GS who lives with us, his uncle passed away from an epileptic seizure, although gs hasn't seen any of that side (including his own father) since he was about 3, plesentaries have often been exchanged between gs and his other nan, so the door has always been left open. The uncle was only 40:eek: lived and worked abroad so an awful ordeal for his mum to sort the arrangements out as uncle wasn't married but had a gf
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    feeling so unwell myself I haven't had laptop etc on for a few days, so hopefully ive caught up now, shame its so late as I would have loved a coffee from Pacifica....oh well better get one myself I suppose (decaff this time of night!!):)

I like many others are disappointed the apg is going, but I hardly use to get any wombles anyway, but it ...sorry the elite...has taught me a different way of shopping between the other supermarkets and how to use moc s to their full potential which I will still implement. I would have be good to have had 1 last biggie glitch before it ended,
    we will wait and see
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    I did win £25 from ernie a couple of weeks ago
    and I have the boys (GSs) back home with me tomorrow week for a week which will be great...de+dil are going to france and have tickets to the ryder cup:)
    so not all doom and gloom in my RL
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    JTS

your signature is the best news :) x
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Hillbern, so sorry you've had such an awful time. Hopefully the bad news is all behind you now. Hope you feel better soon.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Still available today for those who haven't picked it up yet. 2 litre, I was lucky and was given two 5 litre ones instead :T
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Hillbern, sorry you have had such as a bad time recently, hopefully you'll feel better soon.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :Hello:

HILLBERN (((X)))
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good morning.

Hillbern, sorry you've had such a rough time. Who's house is it you stay at when you go baby sitting? I thought it was your sons until you said you slept on an air bed. :eek:

Gusto didn't disappoint again last night, we had burritos yum yum.
    Tonight is chicken tray bake, all I've added is some extra chicken but I stand corrected the portions are plenty big enough. Tbh I think I still cook the same amount as when dd was at home but I usually have some left over which I take to work the next day. As I said to sunflower last night as we exchanged food photos, if only we could always get them at this price we would never need to shop :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure