Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Ooooh, forgot about fig rolls. Probably just as well because the pack tends to disappear near me!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    :o

That was a one off Christmas treat:o:D

Just had the shock of my life.

Jumped in the shower and started my 20 second wash:rotfl:

I felt something sticking to my side. It was a cockroach:eek::eek::eek:

I screamed and brushed it off with the back of my hand. Then it was moving around all over the shower floor. I screamed again but managed to get out of the shower quickly.

I then put on my glasses and saw it was a black sticker from my new jimjams I wore last night:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just for fun :D

What is your top 5 favourite biscuits?

1/ Custard Creams
    2/ Chocolate Hob Nobs
    3/ Hob Nobs
    4/ Classics
    5/ Ginger nuts

1/ Chocolate Hobnobs
    2/ Chocolate Digestives
    3/ Jammie Dodgers
    3/ Cadbury fingers (the one with white inside)
    4/ Toffee pops
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Options
    Ooooh, forgot about fig rolls. Probably just as well because the pack tends to disappear near me!

:eek::eek: disgusting
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Someone mentioned the T own brands with the fancier names? Have you noticed the big billboard and poster adverts saying Exclusively At T and pushing them as brands?

Interesting approach - they are also opening a new discount format Jack's in Chatteris in Cambridgeshire on Wednesday.

Low prices and no frills: can Tesco’s secret plan defeat Lidl and Aldi? https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/15/low-prices-no-frills-can-tesco-defeat-lidl-and-aldi?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 9:39PM
    Options
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Have a lot of smaller wombles of under £1 which i will struggle to use before the closure of the PAG site, going to recycle bin.

Claim them on 2nd October (just to be on safe side) - will be able to spend them until (almost) the end of October.

I seem to be putting aside, rather than destroying, receipts that offer small vouchers - they might add up to buy some low-value item in October that I can't get a PG back from. There will always be something they can buy, whether some tins or a pint of milk. Don't go buying SP Gravy carton after 3rd (2nd?) October though:rotfl: - if it stays at now current price, it will be much more expensive than what it was. Gone from 20p, up 15p:eek: to 35p. Compares 35p vs 20p M/T. T comp. was yesterday so I wouldn't 100% guarantee it - M comp. should stay all weekend and a little more (excludes Northern Ireland), though I seem to be losing on the M comps at the moment - Baking Potatoes not picked up:(, Magners 18 pack Cider now £12 at A, £10 at T and M, M not picked up - and it mattered unfortunately as M overall was a better comp. than T on their shop.

Celebrations Tub 650g is comparing one at £4 vs £5 T (they bought only one tub).

I have decided to stock up on frozen food and non-perishable items between now and the beginning of October, that I won't be able to get 10% off competitor's item in future, unless prices go down which I don't expect. I have spent my £17 womble on three more bags of Chicken Breast Fillets, this time the £4.99 ones against T £3.50. I got about £6 back but have reduced that to £1 now:( as I then did a shop on essential eday items. However, I did manage to pick up only one womble:huh: yesterday, after two others I got were examined and found to have too few items, but got another £8 from the single one. I think some small champagne (obviously wasn't very good for us) went £25 vs £20 against two competitors, including the one that mattered so that made up much of the £8. I have a lot more receipts from today that I am working my way through. Someone kindly left me an exact £3 womble that I can use to buy a pack of socks. If I am not getting APGs back from APGs but using them, as I will on some of them, I am going for 'big ticket' items that will cost several pounds cash to buy from elsewhere (or from A) once the PG is gone.

I will be getting a fresh supply of my perishable items as near as possible to 2nd October so I can claim APG if A vs a competitor is the best place to buy.
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Popped into the Co-op today and they have mince pies on sale. In mid September! What's that about?!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 15 September 2018 at 10:07PM
    Options
    It's not all their reduced items that lost but other items instead:(. They went well to buy bananas at full price. The fruit they bought that was reduced turns out to be all Apple Slices & Grapes - they paid 15p each but managed to buy five:rotfl:. They also bought some reduced fish but that hasn't showed. Instead, all lost on Honey Nut Corn Flakes and orange juice:(.

12 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsda morrisons
    3x ASDA Smart Price Jaffa Cakes (135g) £0.93 N/A
    1x ASDA Honey Nut Corn Flakes (500g) £0.99 £1.50
    2.26x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £1.72 £1.71
    2x ASDA Wild Rocket (60g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g) £0.44 £0.45
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (6pt) £1.48 £1.50
    3x ASDA Orange Juice with Bits from Concentrate (1lt) £2.37 £3.00
    5x ASDA Apple Slices & Grapes (80g) £1.50 £1.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) £8.50 £9.66
    cheaper +£1.16

Right idea on the Apple & Grapes, I bet purely inadvertently:(, except they shopped a bit early in the day rather than managing to have them reduced even more and used on a honey nut and juice shop - what a waste! Well, right to a point - Apple & Grapes lose on the comps. against T & S:(.
    Jaffa Cakes are 1p cheaper in M - technical different pack size.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Popped into the Co-op today and they have mince pies on sale. In mid September! What's that about?!

I noticed Christmas cakes, puddings and mince pies in Sainsbury's on Thursday. Completely mad, surely they will sell zero and have to account for the wasted shop space.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Vs W (not Northern Ireland)
    1x Aunt Bessie's Mini Homestyle Roasties (700g) £2.00 £1.02
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income