• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So buy
    5 shloop, Ahem, my trigger ;) , with 4 different Baxters on 4 for £3 in T
    = pay £3 for 5 shloop, PAG sees 4 Baxters £1.07 vs 75p = PAG £1.58

3 different crispies with tom sauce as previous = £3 and PAG for £1.20

Buy 3 different3 4 2 at £10 each, say Bulldog Trio, Lynx Speaker, Impulse Glitterball
    = £20 spend and PAG £11.10,

So total spend for shloop £3, £3 for Crispies, £20 for 3 4 2 = £26.00 spend
    Total PAG £14.88, so net £11.12 for 3 crisps, 5 shloop, 3 giftsets
    Good find that was i am getting as fillers but giving to foodbank and sis's mil for homeless man that lives in a tent near her, sorted out food cupboard today and loads to go as too high syns for us:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Evening all - totally fowl day, we have had sleet, rain and hail storms

OH has gone to do this wedding photography job tonight, no idea when he will be back. He is not drinking because he is driving but I dont know if he will be enjoying the inevitable buffet.
    I have been conned into going on these work do -s before, dreadful things where everyone talks shop endlessly ...very glad I dont have to go with him.

In the meantime I am going to enjoy having a totally quiet house, all cats fed and sleeping, no one whining, OH has left me a gin and tonic, I have wrapped some Christmas gifts and now I am going to have a catch up.

Been lovely and sunny here:D but freezing:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This thing about things decaying in storage - this afternoon I was trying to find suitable gifts hidden in various caches and wardrobes.
    I found an evening bag still with its shop labels on - very pleased to find it as it suited my purpose exactly.
    Fortunatley I examined it properly before wrapping because the glue on one side had just become unstuck so it was no good, not even for putting in the charity bag -
    I think I am most annoyed about this, more than its non use as a gift as its probably been in this hidden corner if the wardrobe for years when it would have served a better purpose being donated.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Been lovely and sunny here:D but freezing:eek:

We had this yesterday, glorious sunshine but only 3 degrees
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    So buy
    5 shloop, Ahem, my trigger ;) , with 4 different Baxters on 4 for £3 in T
    = pay £3 for 5 shloop, PAG sees 4 Baxters £1.07 vs 75p = PAG £1.58

3 different crispies with tom sauce as previous = £3 and PAG for £1.20

Buy 3 different3 4 2 at £10 each, say Bulldog Trio, Lynx Speaker, Impulse Glitterball
    = £20 spend and PAG £11.10,

So total spend for shloop £3, £3 for Crispies, £20 for 3 4 2 = £26.00 spend
    Total PAG £14.88, so net £11.12 for 3 crisps, 5 shloop, 3 giftsets

Shloop...reminds me of a poem my grandad used to say....:rotfl:

What's for supper mother dear...?
    shloop my dear!

O b:footie:s to shloop
    I'm sick of shloop
    It's always shloop for slupper..:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Nipped into Co op on way back from A and the library, and used my bread moc.

I got their Sage and Onion Scotch Rolls - these are 4 large bread rolls in a pack with an Xmas flash on the packaging, 89p before moc.

Truly lovely - I had one for lunch with some sliced roast chicken that needed using up from my freezer. So large a roll that I had to slice it in three, I cut the middle out for another time. Perfect for open sandwiches, ideal for chicken/turkey, you can really taste the sage and onion in the bread.

But definitely man-sized...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    Options
    Anyway eventually I did find a new evening bag suitable as a gift so its been tastefully wrapped. So for this person (my d-i-l that I know totally zilch about) I have a no 7 make up box in a mirrored case, a Santuary spa gold ball with lip butters inside and this evening bag so it looks like a very thoughtful indulgent selection of small treats - plus a good selection seeing as I've not had to actually go out and buy anything, all from my various stashes.

I've been getting a Christmas goody bag together for Errant son and his wife - Errant son is going to be away for a month over Christmas, so I've had to give a lot of thought - small, not bulky,light packable things.
    Mostly Errant son has had his Christmas gifts already - I paid for his glasses, new smart shirt and I am going to put money in his account to cover the cost of his new Otter case for his ipad and his screen repair.
    He also has in this bag a cute tin with mint humbugs in and an Amazon snowflake gift card box - need to just think of more sweets or chocolate now that might survive a nearly 20 hour flight in his holdall.
  • mhoc
    Options
    Nipped into Co op on way back from A and the library, and used my bread moc.

I got their Sage and Onion Scotch Rolls - these are 4 large bread rolls in a pack with an Xmas flash on the packaging, 89p before moc.

Truly lovely - I had one for lunch with some sliced roast chicken that needed using up from my freezer. So large a roll that I had to slice it in three, I cut the middle out for another time. Perfect for open sandwiches, ideal for chicken/turkey, you can really taste the sage and onion in the bread.

But definitely man-sized...

I finally got one of these mythical co-op MOCs the other day - 50p for breakfast cereal - not sure what I can get in the cereal section for not much more than 50p
  • bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    We had this yesterday, glorious sunshine but only 3 degrees

We have had for a few days had rain the other day but thats all we have had:j
  • bubbs
    Options
    Shloop...reminds me of a poem my grandad used to say....:rotfl:

What's for supper mother dear...?
    shloop my dear!

O b:footie:s to shloop
    I'm sick of shloop
    It's always shloop for slupper..:rotfl:

We used to say what's for dinner?
    Pap 9he only lived one house away and came for dinner every day)used to say s hit with sugar on:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure