Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 May 2018 at 12:22AM
    Options
    :idea:Hang on - I've now waited a few seconds and now I've gone back and heard Clip 1 how I heard it the very first time. Now maybe my brain has "forgotten" how it sounded after hearing Clip 2. Strange:rotfl:. As soon as I post to say I can't rehear it like it heard it the first time, I am now able to do so.

Ha! Now I can 'toggle' between hearing the two things - just played it reheard how I heard it the very first time - then played it again but thinking of the phrase I now knew it was and heard the phrase it really was - depending on whether I am thinking of the right phrase or not, I can rehear what it really is and also then hear how I originally heard it. Still doesn't explain the period where I couldn't hear the original way at all but only the right phrase every time (hearing this Clip 1 after hearing Clip 2).
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 May 2018 at 12:39AM
    Options
    Now I hear it, and control it, depending on what I am thinking.
    Bizarre:rotfl:. I think I am hearing "it is Wednesblix blee-blitch" (something that sounded like "evening" but could have been "Cambridge") and I am. I then replay it, thinking I am hearing the correct phrase, and I hear that. Maybe this shows you hear what you think you are hearing or hear what you want to hear?

As regards "laurel"/"yanny", I think I made a decision that I was deliberately going to hear neither of the two just in order to try to prove wrong what people were saying it was. I think I succeeded in that:rotfl:. I just can't hear "laurel" even when struggling to, or "yanny" - but maybe if I try to think I can hear either of them, I will? The problem was that I was never asked "What do you hear?", instead I was asked "Which of the these two do you hear?", which I think biases it. I can't go to hearing it under a "What do you hear?" condition now that I am already aware of the alternatives that it is said it might be (and I will never be in a state of being unaware of that now as long as my brain is functioning and I continue to be alive as I can't now be made to un-remember it, indeed the more I may try to forget it, the more I will remember it!).
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It was only for a soil rake, but DD has no garden tools so every little helps.

OH decided it was a good idea to let the birds out. They did not want to go back in, but they ended up so tired they were stepping up onto a perch we held so we have made progress. A bit more work in the cage before we do it again. The cage is big enough for them to fly in so we can go as slow as we need to, try letting them out again in a few weeks or less.

Thank you , didn't want of those :)
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all, happy Saturday. The sun is out and it looks like it could be a beautiful day. Enjoy.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Happy Wedding Day :beer:

C'mon the reds :footie:

Lovely day ahead for me :D

Have a :coffee: just grab a mug :D
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2018 at 7:25AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone looks like the Wedding people and football people are going to have a lovely day
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all

36fd39fd5b2c5f6641116f92f144d6f0.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning Thanks for the tea Tweets.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people!
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning.....It's a beautiful day
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure