Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    None of these prices in my SD today, the Olay was marked at £15, the hair gel at £1.75. The Sure williams was marked full price too :(

There was a cheap Nivea deo, but none left.

Did you get them checked at the till fuzzgun as SD are notorious for not changing the SELs, or even leaving them blank. :eek:

The Sure Williams has been 22p in all 3 stores I have visited in the past week and still marked £2.19 in one of them.

Things can differ between stores as some are slower at reducing than others, although I was told last week it's the same price in all stores but I know it isn't through experience. :o

If the Olay is scanning £15 in yours which is half price sounds like it is on it's way down keep checking. Last week the style freedom stuff was only 55p in B'mth still £1 odd in P00le but this week it had gone down to 55p. Once you know what is reduced in one store the chances are it will eventually be that price in another I often find DD's store in surrey is behind mine down here. HTHs
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    They don't always change the prices fuzzy, it is worth getting them checked.

When I got the 50p Balmi it was still marked at £4.99, some teenage girls discussed getting it but went for one that was 'cheaper' lol.

Same here E, both stores I bought it from it still had a £4.99 SEL. :eek:

The staff in all the SD's I visit are lovely and don't mind scanning bits for me. :A
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

When I got the 50p Balmi it was still marked at £4.99, some teenage girls discussed getting it but went for one that was 'cheaper' lol.

:T Ditto - The Williams is still marked at full price in my SD but the SAs are very obliging in price checking for me :D
    and they know I donate a lot of the goods bought, for charity raffle pamper hampers :)
    (I spotted one SA at our Marie Curie night on Tuesday & she winked at me as we stood admiring the pamper hamper :A and the pink Lindors were prizes too)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Did you get them checked at the till fuzzgun as SD are notorious for not changing the SELs, or even leaving them blank. :eek:

The Sure Williams has been 22p in all 3 stores I have visited in the past week and still marked £2.19 in one of them.

Things can differ between stores as some are slower at reducing than others, although I was told last week it's the same price in all stores but I know it isn't through experience. :o

If the Olay is scanning £15 in yours which is half price sounds like it is on it's way down keep checking. Last week the style freedom stuff was only 55p in B'mth still £1 odd in P00le but this week it had gone down to 55p. Once you know what is reduced in one store the chances are it will eventually be that price in another I often find DD's store in surrey is behind mine down here. HTHs
    Thanks both. I though about getting the Olay checked, but thought Id be raising my profile in the store, i dont know what theyd be like if it was £3 and I then went off to clear the shelf lol
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thanks both. I though about getting the Olay checked, but thought Id be raising my profile in the store, i dont know what theyd be like if it was £3 and I then went off to clear the shelf lol

as others have said ask them to check,all stores i use the staff are lovely.last week in one store an assistant was helping us who was fab,he liked a bargain to and was running off to the till to check prices for us,then had what we didnt want.:rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2018 at 4:35PM
    Options
    A question please for the work based accountants

Errant sons P60 has come through so I printed it off for him for his file.
    He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hugs to you curly and tweets this morning:A:A

Can I ask what people use to line their kitchen cupboards?

I didn't bother much in the old kitchen apart from the pan drawers but I want to keep this one nice:)

Hello everyone. RL overwhelming and I am trying to catch up now.

I got some free lino offcuts from the carpet shop and use them to line cupboards, especially for pans (less noisy when you put them away) or tins or anything potentially damp like under the sink. Under the sink I also put washing up liquid and other stuff in plastic boxes so that if they leak or drip, it goes into an easily-cleaned plastic box and I don't have to empty the whole space to clean it.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening peeps.

Has anyone done izzeys quorn shop today please?
    I may be passing tonight but not sure if little stores stock them.
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    A question please for the work based accountants

Errant sons P60 has come through so I printed it off for him for his file.
    He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...

To my knowledge you only get a P60 when you are employed by the company on 5 April

So you keep the P45 from the previous employment and that!!!8217;s your record

HTH
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

I am going to buy a lay-z-spa on homebase site tonight as offers are on. Can't see any further discount or TCB anywhere but thought I'd ask here if anyone knows how to get it any cheaper or if anyone has a spa and has any advice before I take the plunge....literally!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport