🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Washing on the line, I've now got to go sort out my knickers. I only take certain ones on holiday and they aren't skimpy :rotfl: :rotfl: might need a larger suitcase actually :eek:
    Lots of washing on the line/twirly thing today with my rather large granny knickers strategically placed out of sight!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I'm doing a holiday sort out too, 3 weeks yesterday, not that i'm counting!!

Decided that I do need new knickers for hols, but a couple of years ago did that, bought my usual size from Sainsbobs and just put them in the case, well, despite my very ample rump these pants just kept falling down:o I was walking up the street pulling them up all the time. Thankfully wearing a maxi dress so in the end I took the b@ggers off!
    Mind you we of more ample proportions should have an additional luggage allowance, all of our clothes, including knickers weigh more and we need more suncream!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know of a cheap way to get Now TV?

DS is thinking of getting it and I know nothing about it :o
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

I got back last night from a weekend of camping, what glorious weather!

Our house is chaos at the moment as our living room and spare bedroom have been stripped back to the cob to get an old chimney breast removed and the rooms replastered. We've just been living in our hallway and our tiny bedroom which is full of stuff. It's not so bad during the week as I'm out of the house for 12 hours, but it's nice to get away for the weekend!
    Oh I feel your pain, we've had replastering done. Feels as if we have been eating plaster dust for 3 weeks, every room is upside down :mad:

Had a planned girls group dinner party on Friday, date agreed by the one of us with children, shift working OH, 2 months ago. So stopped all of the decorating etc to get dining room serviceable, dust, hoover, dust hoover, clean... As well as cooking felt I needed to wash all of the crockery and cutlery due to dust, then, all due at 7.30, said person sent a facebook message at 5pm saying she'd had a long day so wouldn't be coming:mad::mad:
    My caring self thinks there may be more to this than meets the eye, but in reality I think what the f...!!

Sorry for the rant!
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Lanzarote, early next Monday morning:D. I'm getting quite excited now as it's 3 years since I've been away. The boys and their gfs are coming with us :eek::rotfl: :rotfl:

Enjoy yourselves. 7 more sleeps.:D x
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a cheap way to get Now TV?

DS is thinking of getting it and I know nothing about it :o

[STRIKE]Nowtv kids/entertainment/movies boxes £3.75 instore @ Asda[/STRIKE]

have a look down the list. something may be of interest
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/now-tv
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can get some nice walking sandals that may do the job, they are adjustable, look in somewhere like Sports Direct or Decathlon. I have to replace mine this year, my favourites have split and my standbys are rubbing :eek:

I don't like the relationship between a hill to climb and laxatives here, just how long had she been waiting :eek::eek:

Have you tried Mountain Warehouse?
    https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/footwear/sandals-flip-flops/womens/

Think that there are some codes around.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    shop at 4.30pm today, T A S M

3 x COLGATE MAX WHTE EXPERT COMPLETE TOOTHPASTE 90ML £36.00 £18.00 £30.00 £18.00
    free carling tap
    1 x CARLING LAGER 4X440ML £3.60 £3.60 £3.75 £3.60

nothing else compared as all ts own
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    Have you tried Mountain Warehouse?
    https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/footwear/sandals-flip-flops/womens/

Think that there are some codes around.

Interesting, i have some walking shoes from them so i know the sizes, shall have to have a better look later.

Can't actually try any on at the moment anyway, need the rubs on my feet to heal first so I can tell if they are comfy enough.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In M today and they have made yet more changes:mad:. I went to my starting store with the items expected to have expired by today and came out with nearly all of them to carry over to the next store:(. Not clear from a single store whether they were off or continuing on. However, after three stores, it seems clearer what the prices generally are and much better than last Wednesday. There are some items that seem clearly off, following online, and some are being rolled over. I am going to walk to and from my final store tonight and there is not much outstanding now that I would like to see.

Although Colgate Max Expert Complete Whitening Toothpaste 90ml (with the voucher in T's mag. this month) is still showing £6 online on m.com, I have scanned it at the SS instore in M today and it has come back at £12. I gather it was comparing at T against £6 on their last price collection. I already had it at full price SEL in M last Wednesday and believed it to be off but then saw posted that it worked on TBG. I left it on the list thinking I had an incorrect full price. Meanwhile, with it actually scanning at £12, one of my other stores continues to show £6 offer:rotfl:. So TBG could just pick up either price regardless of what the real price in M is. I have no idea therefore whether or not it continued instore at £6 late last week, but, despite online continuing with £6 - there may be a different price for online delivery or that could be updated to £12 within the next day or so - it is £12 instore in M.

EDIT: I now see T comp. above - maybe not updated yet but expected to change to £12 for M probably sometime tomorrow?
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Whoopsied flowers for Sarah and tweets:A:A

094_A1_E73-4_FA8-4_DA6-_B6_FB-33_FE90944408.jpgimage upload no registration

Thankyou xxx
    gocat wrote: »
    Happy 35th Wedding anniversary to me and OH. How did we manage that :eek::eek::eek::D

Happy anniversary gocat, will share the flowers with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport