Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• nettiebobs
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Good evening beautiful people. Can someone please explain the lurpak glitch Tia

Yes please, I would also like to know.
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RIP Savvy Sal :A

Another Elite member goes wombling forever more ....
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From hotdeals

Whiskas Selection Box £2 at Asda Instore
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • jax.26
    jax.26 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Sally died yesterday at 7pm in Martlets Hospice after her battle with cancer. She had been so very brave and had made it very clear she wanted to go - we will miss her dreadfully.
    A few weeks ago she asked me to let you all know when she died as this thread has been a huge part of her life for years. A fantastic hobby that kept her mind active, her body fit with walking, and her bank balance healthy. She hasn’t spent a penny on groceries etc for 5 years and has left us with enough tins, jars, toiletries etc to last for months.
    She truly valued the friendships she made on here,and although she found talking difficult, just about her last words to me were “Anything on the thread this morning” !
    Best wishes to you all

So sad to read this x
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Sally died yesterday at 7pm in Martlets Hospice after her battle with cancer. She had been so very brave and had made it very clear she wanted to go - we will miss her dreadfully.
    A few weeks ago she asked me to let you all know when she died as this thread has been a huge part of her life for years. A fantastic hobby that kept her mind active, her body fit with walking, and her bank balance healthy. She hasn’t spent a penny on groceries etc for 5 years and has left us with enough tins, jars, toiletries etc to last for months.
    She truly valued the friendships she made on here,and although she found talking difficult, just about her last words to me were “Anything on the thread this morning” !
    Best wishes to you all

So sorry to read this post:A
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    From hotdeals

Whiskas Selection Box £2 at Asda Instore

I posted about this last week, good value big box of different treats.

Seems wrong to post offers after such sad news. :(
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I posted about this last week, good value big box of different treats.

Seems wrong to post offers after such sad news. :(

Oh sorry i skipped alot last week, i am sure Sal would want us to continue but if people prefer i wont post any more
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    RIP savvy sal :A
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Oh sorry i skipped alot last week, i am sure Sal would want us to continue but if people prefer i wont post any more

Bubbles, I'm sure Sal would want us to carry on whilst we remember her, after all, that's how the Elite family works...helping everyone get through the day no matter what life throws at us.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure