🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enviromental Agency up here contacts certain people with traffic light system, going amber is normal, red is when they start those chosen people to then pass on the red warning.

We just register and they text you :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    RIP Savvy Sal
    Thoughts with the family
    candle.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Sally died yesterday at 7pm in Martlets Hospice after her battle with cancer. She had been so very brave and had made it very clear she wanted to go - we will miss her dreadfully.
    A few weeks ago she asked me to let you all know when she died as this thread has been a huge part of her life for years. A fantastic hobby that kept her mind active, her body fit with walking, and her bank balance healthy. She hasn’t spent a penny on groceries etc for 5 years and has left us with enough tins, jars, toiletries etc to last for months.
    She truly valued the friendships she made on here,and although she found talking difficult, just about her last words to me were “Anything on the thread this morning” !
    Best wishes to you all

So very sorry to hear this. Sal will be much missed by all the Elite.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had the recorded call, possible flooding:mad:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    RIP Sal.

Thoughts are with you at this sad time. I am with LEJC. Happy to give to charity. We win so much here. When I joined over 4 yrs ago Pacifica sent me vouchers saying it is just her paying it forward. I try to remember that.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Sally died yesterday at 7pm in Martlets Hospice after her battle with cancer. She had been so very brave and had made it very clear she wanted to go - we will miss her dreadfully.
    A few weeks ago she asked me to let you all know when she died as this thread has been a huge part of her life for years. A fantastic hobby that kept her mind active, her body fit with walking, and her bank balance healthy. She hasn’t spent a penny on groceries etc for 5 years and has left us with enough tins, jars, toiletries etc to last for months.
    She truly valued the friendships she made on here,and although she found talking difficult, just about her last words to me were “Anything on the thread this morning” !
    Best wishes to you all

Oh Marigold, I am so very sorry xxx
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    RIP sal, I am truly saddened to hear this news, it's amazing how close you can feel to someone you have never met💐
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Best wishes to you all

So sorry to read this sad news, deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    RIP Savvy Sal :A
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Sad news re Savvy Sal.
    Best wishes to you all

How very sad so sorry to hear your news. I am thinking about you all xxxxx
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • nettiebobs
    Options
    Thanks to whoever posted about the 'beanz means heinz'. 25 tins.
    :j:j:j:j:j:j May it last forever. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family