Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Serendipitious
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Well I've gritted my teeth and paid the coal bill - 20 bags of coal and also the window cleaner. Then I paid the final invoice for next years expedition. I also got brave and had a look at how much the 2 garage bills are OH paid this week :eek:

On the plus side one of my regular savers matured today -most of it already spent as it will go towards paying for the massive December credit card bill.
    A years saving and only £34 in interest :(

I managed to get OH home early enough today so we got the bit of shopping done but as soon as he got home they rang for him again so he has had to go back into work yet again :mad:

But I have sole use of him then for 3 days if and when he ever does finish work :)

I dread to think what a sack of coal is nowadays, paid £11 back in 2010 and I thought that was bad.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What size bags and how long does 20 bags last? Need to see how we are doing in comparison :D

It's a long time since we've had a coal fire.

25kg bags total cost £164 :mad:
    Think its roughly 4 or 5 bags a week we can go through when the weather is bad - OH shovels coal like he is on a steam engine and he has the living room so hot I leave all doors open to try and dissipate the heat.
    After dinner and I've cleared up and hit the sofa the cats insist on forming a cat heap with me in the middle and between their hot little bodies and the heat of the fire I struggle to keep my eyes open :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I dread to think what a sack of coal is nowadays, paid £11 back in 2010 and I thought that was bad.

The farm shop we were at on Sunday had our coal and he was charging £10 for each 25kg bag :mad:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well, just made up my gin hamper....and had left the darn tonic bottles out, so have had to re-open it and squeeze them in. Hey ho, never mind, done now. I might go and see if I can do my second gift set shop from adsa tonight.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :T:T:T That Sisters view

25627532_10215117981087310_662447738_n.jpg?oh=3ff36270f4b9024a407891b96204ac2d&oe=5A3EC0BF

I bought a king size down duvet from QVC Outlet for £26 :D (why? because it was damn cheap & I did not need one but.... :wall:) this was the first shop I had entered, so then had to lug it around, sweeping shelves as I struggled after :o
    Thanks E - I got him York Fruits :lipsrseal & expensive Hotel Chocolat :o as my MOCs were OOD :o:o

I found more beautiful embroidered boots in Primark for £6 so Those Sisters & I are well posh shod now :D

25630528_10156943478513082_1925146525_n.jpg?oh=11d4c6e2fda801a1046a91372aaac15e&oe=5A3DDB7C

and that gorgeous BLOOM Berry Cassis & Fig EDT in a 50ml bottle in SD for £3 :D:D

I can just imagine This That and the other sisters all stepping it out in those boots. :D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Arrggg!! Stupid android app, had nothing but prize draws the last few days, and today I used it to pay for petrol, and the parcel would not open. Just went to try again there and it have gone, no parcel to open.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come across clear men’s shaving gel?
    DS has requested some but I can’t seem to find a clear version (no idea why it has to be clear)

Think king of shaves might be a clear gel
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    newbie1980 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd hear me say this but.... I need to get myself a phone with AP to do this! :T

really easy to do and takes me 10 minutes a day max

just look at the deals out there for phones (alcatel cashback last date for getting phone is 31st dec) and be aware that the last date to add tap and win is 1st feb as finishes 2nd march[/QUOTE]

Argos

Sim Free Alcatel A3 Mobile Phone - Black
    Rating 4.300006 out of 5
    (6)
    £89.99 from Argos

Is that the best one?

Is there a limit on the number of times a day you can 'play'? and is it a prize everytime?

Sorry for all the Q's
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come across clear men’s shaving gel?
    DS has requested some but I can’t seem to find a clear version (no idea why it has to be clear)

The shave gel in the Bulldog trio sets is clear.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Well, the project for Job 2 went in 2 days ahead of schedule and also came in under budget, so everyone's happy, and I have another lot of work in the pipeline for early New Year. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure