Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Posted a few days back. That the crisps in my store were dated end of February

Is it the mixed packs only because I've just checked online and they're showing as unavailable :(
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Just had an email from Marston's inviting me to book a festive meal by 31st November. Are we having one of those this year?!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Regarding the baked crisps - well the cynic in me says there wont be much stock. Whilst the Elite might be happy enough to get a couple of packs each day or with each shop there are others from other FB websites eg 10ways who will think nothing of shelf clearing and driving to every MrT in the area and doing the same.

My 2nd thought is what sort of expiry dates do these crisps have - I think the expiry date on crisps is quite short. Not that any of us care about eating out of date crisps - those walkers crisps were 2 months out of date before we finally finished them :)

3rdly - where on earth we are going to store them, they dont exactly stack nicely :)

this is hilarious! do you really think "the elite" will only be getting a couple of bags, have you read the posts about folks grabbing handfuls of mags and ripping out the mocs before leaving the car park!?

point 3 kinda contradicts your 1st point!

"the elite" will be tearing the backside out of this just like any other moneysaving group...

Morning ALL! :)

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumb
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    I saw the crisps in my express store. It might be an idea to pop in to those as they might not get cleared out quite as regularly

Pretty sure the coupon says not to be used in expresses.:(
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Crisp coupon not valid in Express stores
    g

Should have read further on before i posted.:rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning paw sniffers:D

Tied up with family stuff but just wanted to pop on to say hello to cjj:A.

I hope today finds you feeling a little brighter:)

There's been a lot in the press and social media about mental health this week. We all have mental health just as we have physical health and sometimes it can be fine and sometimes it can be poor:o

Unsure if this helps cjj but I'll say it anyway.

Some folk have a higher base level of anxiety/ stress .....call it what you will......than others. The slightest thing can tip you over the edge. This could be a birthday, a holiday....not being able to log on to MSE for example, anything really, sometimes the smallest thing:o

Some practitioners would say that by the time those negative feelings are at their worst, then it's really difficult to bring them back down to a manageable level. So the trick is to nip it in the bud. Try and stop it before it gets out of control. Distraction as TS mentioned is good. If you are lying in bed feeling crap, get up and do something. Go outside. Fresh air and exercise can be better than meds. Talk to a friend and share the pain. Do you have a mantra? Something you can keep in your head to " ground" your thoughts. Come on here if you feel it helps. Remember what has worked for you in the past and try it again. Most importantly, fully engage with the professionals who are supporting you.

And finally...a big thank you to you for sharing. It is people like you cjj who carry the banner for mental health, allowing those who are less able to speak out, to share what they are going through and seek help.

You are a star:A

And yes ....I'm still envious of those legs:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Can't read back fully but just to mention that the muller corners on Shopmium are down to £1.37 in S. Red kidney beans and a napolina sauce are good for GJ in S too.

I also got the Fuel granola in S and happy to pay £2 and get £1 back on COS which allowed me to cash out £20:T:T

For the record I found 8 mags for the crisps and fully expect stock to be an issue. We aren't eating as many as we used to but would expect mine to last well over the Christmas period.

I can't see T allowing people to walk out with mountains of these. I'll be trying for 1 a day in my lunch hour:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    AJ.....so lovely to see you posting again.

You ok?:)

Well I had my last ready meal yesterday for a while. I've had enough for now. It's been a learning curve. Today I'm cooking pork and fresh veg:T

This was one of the better ones:)

6-E349-DF7-9-FF7-42-A9-A544-81-AC353-C74-E5.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sweeping up after the stormy weather. Such pretty colours to put in the bin:o

7-C932068-2-C3-E-4844-8-B59-F9-DFF2-C7-DC89.jpgfree screen capture software
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Attempted credit card fraud on my account last night.
    A few calls to sort it, card cancelled, then remembered in the night that my car insurance was due to be taken from the same card this weekend.
    So, loads more calls........

Stressed out!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure