The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the credit utilsation :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2018 at 5:07PM
    Options
    The work thing didn't work out amicably. Such is life :(

Edit: and it would appear that DD has chicken pox :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The work thing didn't work out amicably. Such is life :(

Edit: and it would appear that DD has chicken pox :eek:

Boo to the work thing.
    Poor DD :(

I do hope that the decision to pay off is right. I am sure it will be the right thing.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the work issues and your daughter having chicken pox. :(

You should easily clear another 5% off your cards before next year. I'd bet you'll be looking at being at c.30% by next year. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • edinburgher
    Options
    That would be lovely Alex, although probably at the high end of what we can accomplish. I'd estimate maybe £9-10k over the next 12 months, taking us down to 40%. I'm thinking this will be sufficient to at least BT the remainder for another couple of years. After the BTs, the debt will either be gone, or will be repaid aggressively after we remortgage
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,911 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just catching up. Glad to hear you made it to Mrs E's gran's funeral, despite the weather. Sorry to hear about the chickenpox though! :(
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• edinburgher
    edited 6 March 2018 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Thanks Vix - she seems surprisingly chipper and not too many spots. Apparently all kids are affected differently and some aren't discomforted too much :j

Finally got TCB to pay out £26.25 for a CC application that failed to track - 10 blimmin' months of chasing!!! :eek: I have paid it off a CC, seemed fitting ;)

A bit random, but for anyone with Ghibli fans in the family (or kiddies who can sit through a story), this book looks lovely, has lots of wholesome messages and is a steal at less than £3 :beer: I've picked up a copy to give DD at :santa2:

*Edit: and another £5 paid off a CC - recycled a Mr M's voucher last night.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Vix - she seems surprisingly chipper and not too many spots. Apparently all kids are affected differently and some aren't discomforted too much :j

Sorry to hear DD has chicken pox.

Although you are only supposed to get chicken pox once in your life my DD was the same as yours, she only got about 10 spots and life carried on as normal but about a year later she caught it again and was defnitely a lot worse than the first time.
    I asked the GP about it and he said that if the first time is very slight they dont get the immunity they need to prevent them catching it again.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Eager_Elephant - that sounds a bit rubbish - I think your DD was quite unlucky (at least according to the NHS)! Another 02:30 wake up for DD, I have worn a groove into the couch :D

£31.69 paid off a CC - FIT payment has arrived.

I am scunnered with work - thank God there's only a few hours to go :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure