The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're in that treadmill of her catching everything so all her antibodies can get going :( I'm glad the emergency phone call isn't necessary yet, at least. And the Borders sound lovely.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 December 2017 at 9:32PM
    Options
    Is getting worse before it gets better! We've now had 3 nights with less than 3 hours sleep and she has been prescribed an inhaler and antibiotics. We're holding off on getting the antibiotics prescription because we thought the inhaler might kick start a recovery, but she is still wheezing and vomited just before bed :(

We'll be getting the antibiotics if she hasn't perked up by the morning, can't lose another Christmas :eek:

2018 spreadsheet prepared, £0.73 paid off CC, spreadsheets updated. Picked up a last minute Secret Santa present for Mrs E.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    My sympathies, Ed, for the *whole* family ... you're doing amazingly well to think of Secret Santa.

Let us know when your littl'un starts to recover.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope your daughter gets well soon, Ed. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Get well soon Miss E.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    DD still pretty miserable, although a double whammy of paracetamol and antibiotics brought her back to herself for a brief spell this evening. Daddy fell temporarily out of favour as I was the poor sod who force fed her the medicine as she yelled and gritted her teeth :( Ah well, to quote Phil Mitchell? A dad's job isn't to be popular!

I'm now on my hols and am very much looking forward to :santa2:

Mrs E has finished wrapping, I've got our Christmas week groceries in and we will be eating a lot of lovely nonsense. I managed to wash the car and take our dry cleaning in as well. £310 paid off the CC, spreadsheets updated.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :( Hope she improves for Christmas.

Not back at work until the new year? Mrs. K. breaks up at 12pm from her work tomorrow until 3rd Jan. She'll be pleased as it's been very quiet. Always is quiet in the industry but she managed to complete quite a few projects early and nothing new to start until the new year so she's had very little to do.

We haven't started wrapping - that's a Christmas eve tradition here. :) Already eating lovely nonsense too. :eek: Going to have to do something in January as I've gained weight which Mrs. K. feels the need to bring up at every opportunity. :rotfl: Thankfully so has she after a year of really struggling to eat much at all. She likes food but has about two bites and leaves the rest. Embarrassing in a restaurant.

What are your financial plans for 2018?
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hopefully DD will start rallying a bit more today after she's had 24hours of antibiotics x

Have a fab Christmas - it's very special with a little one when they begin to get the idea of it :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Options
    You're on your hols, hurray! What a wonderful phrase, "lovely nonsense"!

Phil Mitchell has it right ... not only is a parent's job not to be popular, it's a parent's job to be full-on wrong :rotfl:
  • edinburgher
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    :( Hope she improves for Christmas.

Not back at work until the new year?...

We haven't started wrapping - that's a Christmas eve tradition here. :) ...

What are your financial plans for 2018?

Hi Alex!

DD perked up a lot today, it has been the first day since Tuesday where we haven't had to give her paracetamol. She's also taking the antibiotics without being force fed, which is a surefire sign that she's on the mend :beer: Either that or top parenting, probably just changed her mind :rotfl:

I have wrapped presents on Christmas eve every year since Mrs E and I got together (a decade+)... usually with a hangover from our traditional night out on the 23rd. I have surprised her by finishing them today, she was very impressed! I don't think I'll get the night out on the 23rd either, DD was pencilled in to stay with grandparents, but I'm not comfortable with that until she's sleeping through again.

I don't have to go back until the 3rd of January, not bad for 2 days of annual leave, the holidays have fallen in a useful fashion this year.

Financial plans for 2018 are paying off as much of our outstanding debts as possible. I doubt we'll get rid of it all (balance of £19,500 or so), but I'll give it a good shot.

Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    greent wrote: »
    Hopefully DD will start rallying a bit more today after she's had 24hours of antibiotics x

Have a fab Christmas - it's very special with a little one when they begin to get the idea of it :)
    x

Thanks greent - and to you :) She has been quite comedic re. Christmas - at the height of her fever the other day she was insisting I open the front door so that we could "see Santa!"
    Karmacat wrote: »
    You're on your hols, hurray! What a wonderful phrase, "lovely nonsense"!

Tonight's lovely nonsense is crisps and champagne! Mrs E got a surprise half day from work and I've been to the gym, so can just about justify it ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback