Experian non response

I have low credit history which I found out when applying for a loan and was turned down. I've entered Credit File hell as various issues have cropped up all with EXPERIAN! Everytime I've contacted Experian with information via recommended email address all you get is a standard automated response. A problem occurred using the AA Loans website, which logged (by technical error) 9 (!) credit searches. This is being addressed with the help of AA customer care, although the searches are still there on my file by no fault of mine!! Why does it take to long to clear this up?

Secondly my Experian file does not show my phone contracts, even though both EE and O2 submit to Experian and say its showing. Again, no response from Experian at all to my various emails about this....no updates on progress or anything. Again, this is a system fault by Experian Mainframe and not my fault. I think it is unreasonable to have to wait to so long to have my files updated and corrected when at no time at all did I have bad credit. I'm loosing out because of system faults! Is there anybody on this forum who can tell me how to speed this up and have my file manually corrected? I'm really annoyed as I need a loan before Christmas, but it looks like I'll not be able to get one all because systems are not working and are not updated swiftly. (I started applying for a loan in early September).

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You can't speed it up, it'll take as long as it takes. The only time you could try to do anything if is either party was refusing to amend which is not what is happening here.

If you're getting a loan to pay for Xmas presents you really need to rethink your spending. Nobody should be getting into debt for Xmas.
  • Thanks for that. I need the loan to consolidate debt (credit card and over draft) before Christmas. Low rates are on offer now (offer of 3.8% vs 15% on my credit card) but by the time these things are cleared up the rates will have gone up. I don't think I'll get such low rates again.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 October 2017 at 3:36PM
    Rotjeknor wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I need the loan to consolidate debt (credit card and over draft) before Christmas. Low rates are on offer now (offer of 3.8% vs 15% on my credit card) but by the time these things are cleared up the rates will have gone up. I don't think I'll get such low rates again.

Consolidation is usually a very bad idea.

Remember, only a small % of customers get the advertised rate, everyone else gets the headline rate, low rate loan offers are gimmicks, normally just used to reel you in.

Hi,

Why not pop over to the DFW forum and submit an SOA (statement of affairs) see if we can help you budget more effectively so removing the need for further borrowing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Your not guaranteed to get the low rates.

Why consolidate the debt before christmas ? Why not after ?
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Rotjeknor wrote: »
    I have low credit history which I found out when applying for a loan and was turned down. I've entered Credit File hell as various issues have cropped up all with EXPERIAN! Everytime I've contacted Experian with information via recommended email address all you get is a standard automated response. A problem occurred using the AA Loans website, which logged (by technical error) 9 (!) credit searches. This is being addressed with the help of AA customer care, although the searches are still there on my file by no fault of mine!! Why does it take to long to clear this up?

Secondly my Experian file does not show my phone contracts, even though both EE and O2 submit to Experian and say its showing. Again, no response from Experian at all to my various emails about this....no updates on progress or anything. Again, this is a system fault by Experian Mainframe and not my fault. I think it is unreasonable to have to wait to so long to have my files updated and corrected when at no time at all did I have bad credit. I'm loosing out because of system faults! Is there anybody on this forum who can tell me how to speed this up and have my file manually corrected? I'm really annoyed as I need a loan before Christmas, but it looks like I'll not be able to get one all because systems are not working and are not updated swiftly. (I started applying for a loan in early September).

Have you checked your credit files with all 3 agencies?
    Experian: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: https://www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: https://www.noddle.co.uk

If o2 and EE are not reporting to Experian - you need to write to them and NOT Experian as they are the ones who update Experian, not the other way round.

Please list all credit card limits along with outstanding balances.

Do you have any other loans / overdraft / car finance etc?

Do you have any late payments / defaults / CCJs?

What is your annual salary?

Are you on the electoral roll (does it show on all 3 files?)

Do you have any other closed / settled accounts in your history?

Do you have many other 'credit' accounts showing on your files such as bank account?

Do your mobile phone contracts with EE and o2 appear on Equifax and Noddle?

How many credit applications have you made in the last 12 months?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure