What a mess...

Options

Comments

• stvn1
    stvn1 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I updated my thread title to reflect my progress. :)
    LBM 26/10/17
    Total debt at LBM - £15421.47
    NOW DEBT FREE AS OF 30/07/19
  • NelliePie
    Options
    Just popping in to say well done! You've smashed through this and it must feel good to be under the £5000 mark. Make sure you take a moment to celebrate and take in how good it feels (and maybe promise yourself to never be above £5k again?)

Best of luck and keep going :)
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NelliePie wrote: »
    Just popping in to say well done! You've smashed through this and it must feel good to be under the £5000 mark. Make sure you take a moment to celebrate and take in how good it feels (and maybe promise yourself to never be above £5k again?)

Best of luck and keep going :)

It does feel really good and it feels a lot more manageable that the £12000 I was staring at in October last year.

I’ll never owe so much money again, absolutely no chance.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've just been updating my spreadsheet with the payment I made today. It's very satisfying to turn another debt from red to green and to see the total debt fall. It makes me impatient to get moving on the others.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I got a letter today about the £709.48 that Moorcroft was collecting. It's been transferred to Shoosmith's solicitors. I'm just off the phone to them and it hasn't gone legal yet so I'm going to complete an income and expenditure and submit an offer of payment. I'm thinking my initial offer will be 50% / 6 months, so around £59 a month but I'd have it cleared will before then if they agree.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That's the income/expenditure and offer submitted. Fingers crossed for a favourable response.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for a good response re Moorcroft. Congrats on getting below £5k and another debt gone. That is three debts completely cleared out of the original ten in just over 4 months.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I got a reply from Shoosmith's (what a horrible name) today, my payment proposal has been rejected. They came back with a proposal that is clearly unaffordable when viewed in light of the income/expenditure form I submitted. I've countered with a bit of an increased offer of 6 payments of £66.00 for a total of £396.00.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    You are doing brilliantly and lucky that your wife seems absolutely brilliant about the whole thing.

Good luck and stay strong you can do this !!!
    Sam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You are doing brilliantly and lucky that your wife seems absolutely brilliant about the whole thing.

Good luck and stay strong you can do this !!!
    Sam

Thanks Sam. I've just had a read through your Lowest Hour thread and you've come a long way since 2015. I fully intend on being debt free, it's only a matter of time.
    LBM 26/10/17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills