Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• HardSpend
    HardSpend Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shicky wrote: »
    Anyone using plum or something to satisfy a tesco current account's DD demands? I was wondering if plum pulling 3 times would still work to get the interest? The Ts & Cs don't stipulate it must be different accounts
    I don't operate the Tesco account but do they need 3 DDs?! Is Plum easy to use? I must of spent 3 hours today setting up DDs for pension scheme.
  • shicky
    shicky Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    HardSpend wrote: »
    I don't operate the Tesco account but do they need 3 DDs?! Is Plum easy to use? I must of spent 3 hours today setting up DDs for pension scheme.

Yup but the key is it doesn't state differenent ones so I'm curious if something like Plum would fulfil its needs
    To earn 3% AER credit interest on balances up to £3,000 until 1 April 2019, simply pay in at least £750 and pay at least three Direct Debits each statement month (excluding Direct Debits to Tesco Bank savings accounts)
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Really have to sort out the problems Tesco have kindly created now. This incredibly useful post from the OP (thanks, chockydavid1983) looks to represent the current position.

Is it fully up to date, please, or is there anything to add to it?

Current list accepting new customers:
    Tesco (only until 04/18 for anyone)
    Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account (£10 minimum DD and £10 minimum balance)
    Post Office Online Saver (can only DD in from one nominated account, sketchy customer service feedback)
    Chip and Plum (app based)
    Birmingham Midshires Internet Saver Account (can only DD in from one nominated account, open with payment by cheque only, can change the linked account after)
    SAGA Telephone Easy Access Account (age 50+)
    https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-gb/ (unverified- see post #132)

Other DD ideas:
    Paypal (reported as in the process of being removed)
    Credit cards
    Charities
    Credit Unions
    Christmas Savings (not FSCS protected)
    http://www.littledebits.org

I will update this post with any other accounts that crop up but if you notice one that's not listed here just let me know (on the post itself or private message) and I'll update this post :-).
    Last edited by chockydavid1983; 06-01-2018 at 9:07 AM.
  • HardSpend
    HardSpend Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2018 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account
    This is not currently available!

https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-gb/ (unverified- see post #132)
    this doesn't seem to work either

I created Chip and Plum DDs today. Both only allow one DD. Plum told me they will allow more in the near future. Moneybox is an option but it is not free.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But Chip and Plum both require access to your bank account? :eek:
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    But Chip and Plum both require access to your bank account? :eek:

Glad to see I am not the only who raised an eyebrow when you see an app operated through Facebook messenger who you need to give access to your bank account.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you got any updates on this?

Updates on what?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Herbalus
    Options
    Have you got any updates on this?

Can I suggest you read the first few pages of this thread and spend 10 minutes looking at the solutions already suggested?

It is a bit much to expect somebody to read the pages for you and summarise when it is already there. I assure you 10 minutes reading will offer plenty of solutions.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    Can I suggest you read the first few pages of this thread and spend 10 minutes looking at the solutions already suggested?

It is a bit much to expect somebody to read the pages for you and summarise when it is already there. I assure you 10 minutes reading will offer plenty of solutions.

Perhaps whiggy would like us to set up a load of direct debits for him? I might consider it for a 75% share of his profits
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Herbalus
    Options
    Perhaps whiggy would like us to set up a load of direct debits for him? I might consider it for a 75% share of his profits

I would do it for free. I would be delighted if whiggy would accept a direct debit for one of my credit cards :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback