IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

LPS - Parking Charge Notice - Stratford On Avon

Options

Comments

• Button_Moon
    Button_Moon Posts: 63 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2017 at 1:06PM
    Options
    I will save a template on my mobile phone and email when I have wifi abroad. Do I email this to BPA or the company who have given me the parking ticket? is the PCN number the same as "Reference No"?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do I email this to BPA

No. Surely the NEWBIES thread is clear...
    is the PCN number the same as "Reference No"?
    Obviously yes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Button_Moon
    Options
    No it's not very clear sorry - Sticky has the following:

'In the case of CURRENT BRITISH PARKING ASSOCIATION (BPA) AOS MEMBERS ONLY, appeal online or by email at around day 26 after a windscreen PCN but as the KEEPER, not driver, using the BPA member version (blue writing) template below.'
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 1 November 2017 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Yes but your PCN tells you how to appeal/which email or webpage. There is no need for me to spell this out in the sticky.

An appeal obviously goes to the parking firm - I've never seen anyone ask this before. Anyway, as long as it's done now! :)
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    it is clear that youappeal for BPA members on day x. It does not state you appeal to the BPA.
  • Button_Moon
    Options
    Thanks for all the help :) Last question, in the sticky it does not mention to put car registration as part of the initial appeal. On the parking ticket it states to do so. Will this be OK? I have not edited the sticky, simply cut and paste ready for email.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If they want the car reg then you need to put the car reg.

Every operator has their own system that you have to follow. Never tick a box admitting to being the driver though.
  • Button_Moon
    Options
    it's cut and paste from the sticky and email to their appeal address, they don't have an online appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Just like in any formal communication, you must include the reference (PCN number in this case), and your name & address details. And if the PCN asks for it, the VRN. All normal details just as you would when writing any formal letter.

The sticky thread isn't there to teach people how to put a header on an email or set out a letter. That's basic stuff.
  • Button_Moon
    Options
    Will write my letter for POPLA tomorrow but this is the email I received whilst on holiday to my initial email in the sticky thread:

Dear ***,

Parking charge notice: ***

Thank you for your email dated: ***

We advise that the notices located throughout Rother Street car park, clearly state reasons for a parking charge notice being issued. One of these being parking longer than the period paid for.

Thank you for your appeal against the parking charge notice issued by us to you on the ***. Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we regret your appeal has been unsuccessful for the following reasons:

• Parking longer than the period paid for

You now have a number of options:

1. Pay the parking charge Notice at the reduced amount of £50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the parking charge notice will increase to £85.00.

(Please note that all Debit/Credit card payments are subject to a £1.50 administration fee)

2. Make an appeal to POPLA – The independent Appeals Service by visiting https://www.popla.co.uk and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £50.00, and should POPLA’s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of £85.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

If you wish to appeal to POPLA, please submit your appeal online by visiting https://www.popla.co.uk .

When submitting your appeal to POPLA, please use verification code ***

Please note that you have 28 days from the date of this email to submit your appeal to POPLA.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (https://www.ombudsman-services.org/) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport