edited 4 June 2018 at 4:04PM
    Options
    "Nice word. I had to google the meaning! :)"

Likewise !!!
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Scottish Windows dds were taken today (due to be taken on the 2nd - but the 2nd was obviously at the weekend)
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • latinaid
    latinaid Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Scottish Windows dds were taken today (due to be taken on the 2nd - but the 2nd was obviously at the weekend)

Mine was due on the 1st, so the weekend didn't come into play. I'll have to get back to SW and see if they can throw nay light on it. Just shows that you have to check.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 June 2018 at 11:59AM
    Options
    I submitted the downloadable Savings Direct Debit form mentioned earlier to Santander and it was accepted to feed my cash ISA as a DD.

It also indicated for an eSaver and Flexible Saver (no longer available ?) - and I think DDs can apply to an Everday Saver as well, although it is not listed on the form I printed off.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I submitted the downloadable Savings Direct Debit form mentioned earlier to Santander and it was accepted to feed my cash ISA as a DD.

It also indicated for an eSaver and Flexible Saver - and I think DDs can apply to an Everday Saver as well, although it is not listed on the form I printed off.

Did you only have to submit the form or also a recent account statement for the account being used to fund the ISA?
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    I have a Cash ISA with Santander which is managed online - I simply quoted the account number and ticked the box for Cash ISA which had service number 880031 pre-printed.

Filled in the usual name and full postal address of external bank account funding it, with sort code and account number.

They actioned it in double quick time, posted the form 2nd class last Friday and got confirmation letter in Tuesday's mail.

Sent to Santander ISA Customer Services, PO Box 1112, BRADFORD. BD1 9NR.......this appears to be the dedicated postal address.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Apparently you can fund a Santander Cash ISA from any suitable external bank account(s) without restriction on the number of accounts.

No need to keep those savings accounts where only one linked external account is permitted.

Presumably that goes for the eSaver, Flexible Saver and Everday Saver as well.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Apparently you can fund a Santander Cash ISA from any suitable external bank account(s) without restriction on the number of accounts.

No need to keep those savings accounts where only one linked external account is permitted.

Presumably that goes for the eSaver, Flexible Saver and Everday Saver as well.
    As ever, it's one thing to spot an apparent loophole and another to successfully exploit it, so once you've actually paid into your Santander cash ISA by DD from multiple external accounts then that'll be the time to make confident statements like your middle sentence! But do keep us posted....
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    The Santander operative who answered my enquiry clearly understood the question raised without any further clarification and confirmed.

Confidence is high.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    edited 7 June 2018 at 5:12PM
    Options
    I already have a legacy Santander eSaver and they only allow me of maximum 2DD.
    I can't comment other than to say that the young lady who spoke with me indicated that more than one DD could fund my Cash ISA. Nothing about a maximum number of externally funding current accounts.
    I am interested in knowing about Santander Cash ISA. Do they allow saving by DD ?.
    Yes, I've just set one up.
    Also presumably it will not be useful for those who already open a cash ISA elsewhere in this tax years. As doing this the money could only come from another accumulated cash ISA from previous year , not from a current account make this account to be deemed as useless as a source of DD.
    Sorry, maybe it's just me, however I'm not clear on exactly what you are asking about.

As you know you can't open more than one ISA in any single tax year - therefore, if you don't have an existing Santander ISA you have to choose between opening one in 2018/19 to facilitate the DD issue or going elsewhere.

I was fortunate in that I had a dormant Cash ISA at Santander with a minimal amount from a previous tax year which fitted the bill.

Come back to me if that doesn't clarify.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure