Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• joeblags
    joeblags Posts: 169 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2017 at 8:40AM
    Options
    tsb - no problem I don't need any DD's so ive cancelled them already. id close the account but its the only bank that I don't have to go into town for so I like to deposit change into here.

Halifax - my main account so not affected

BOS - just close them and the RS down when needed, not fussed.

Lloyds - I might move over a DD from my Halifax simply because I forgot I get free cinema tickets each year and use the RS

Nationwide - no DD'S on this account I don't think, will close this after a year when 5% is reduced and RS ends

FD - using the RS , don't know is you need any DD's on the account, if need be ill shut it down, not fussed any more.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    joeblags wrote: »
    FD - using the RS , don't know is you need any DD's on the account, if need be ill shut it down, not fussed any more.

I have no direct debits on my FD account and it still runs smoothly with the RS and a pound in the rubbish rate savings account to avoid the £10pm fee.
  • IanSt
    IanSt Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Lloyds - I might move over a DD from my Halifax simply because I forgot I get free cinema tickets each year and use the RS

I might be wrong, but I think you'll just lose the interest on the Lloyds account itself if you stop the DDs. I.e. you could remove all but £1 from the account and still get the cinema tickets and have access to the RS - though you would still need to do the minimum £1500 pay in each month to stop the account fee.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    IanSt wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but I think you'll just lose the interest on the Lloyds account itself if you stop the DDs. I.e. you could remove all but £1 from the account and still get the cinema tickets and have access to the RS - though you would still need to do the minimum £1500 pay in each month to stop the account fee.

This is my understanding too: https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/landing/ab2/club-lloyds.asp
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nationwide - no DD'S on this account I don't think, will close this after a year when 5% is reduced and RS ends
    You could get another RS - it's still 5% on £250 a month, and no DDs required.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    You could get another RS - it's still 5% on £250 a month, and no DDs required.

Sorry scrolled back quite a bit but can't work out what RS is?
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Regular Saver
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    Regular Saver

Ah of course, thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

It's referring to Nationwide Flexclusive RS: for current openings, it's offering 5% pa fixed for a yera, deposit up to £250 per month, unlimited withdrawals. You need to have a NW current account (check the conditions for the Flex RS for detail on appropriate current accounts; no DDs required)
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    It's referring to Nationwide Flexclusive RS: for current openings, it's offering 5% pa fixed for a yera, deposit up to £250 per month, unlimited withdrawals. You need to have a NW current account (check the conditions for the Flex RS for detail on appropriate current accounts; no DDs required)

Ah I see similar to HSBC then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport