Post Office Drop and Go

Options
I am interested in signing up for the Post Office Drop and Go service as I sell a lot of items on Ebay. If I do this I will be signing up for the Drop and Go online account too. Does anyone here use this service? I would like to know what information regarding my transactions can be accessed online? Will I be able to view the exact cost of each parcel I have posted and service used? Also can I view any tracking numbers associated with each parcel? I like to check my receipts every day.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,236 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mdonaldson wrote: »
    I am interested in signing up for the Post Office Drop and Go service as I sell a lot of items on Ebay. If I do this I will be signing up for the Drop and Go online account too. Does anyone here use this service? I would like to know what information regarding my transactions can be accessed online? Will I be able to view the exact cost of each parcel I have posted and service used? Also can I view any tracking numbers associated with each parcel? I like to check my receipts every day.

If you sell a fair amount of items why not look at a business account via click and drop?

I'd been using click and drop for a while anyway and then signed up for a business account which means I get cheaper rates. I have linked click and drop to my eBay accounts (you can link as many as you want) , it picks up all my sales with addresses, I buy all my postage in batches 'large letters under 100g- small parcels under 2kg etc , print out labels, bag them all up drop them at the Mail centre. I get a bill once a month in arrears.

There are actually quite a few different RM models for businesses , I know others on here use different systems, but I'm only a small business and am not VAT registered so this way suits me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mdonaldson
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    If you sell a fair amount of items why not look at a business account via click and drop?

I'd been using click and drop for a while anyway and then signed up for a business account which means I get cheaper rates. I have linked click and drop to my eBay accounts (you can link as many as you want) , it picks up all my sales with addresses, I buy all my postage in batches 'large letters under 100g- small parcels under 2kg etc , print out labels, bag them all up drop them at the Mail centre. I get a bill once a month in arrears.

There are actually quite a few different RM models for businesses , I know others on here use different systems, but I'm only a small business and am not VAT registered so this way suits me.
    A few questions about click and drop -

1. If you make a mistake with a label, can you get a refund for it or is that just for non-business customers?

2. What happens if you print a label and it turns out to less than the required postage? Can extra stamps be added to make up the cost?

3. Can you go online to view all you individual transactions with tracking numbers?

4. Can the printed labels be resized to fit different packages?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2017 at 9:48PM
    Options

1. If you make a mistake with the label - re print it or delete it.

2. You print the correct label first time. No parcel sizes (small, medium etc...)

3. Yes. Although you realise it isn't tracking, it's proof of delivery.

4. No. RM give you the label and you print it on their label size.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure