IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones / Euro Car Parks / CCJ / Wrong Address

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    yes , and I am rather hoping that on the court or your docs it shows your old address
  • theblackfox
    Options
    My covering letter and my application has my current address so they do have it.

The court used the correct address to send me my notice of hearing document so they have no excuse.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    and the PPC could have easily traced you , before they issued the ccj , but they did not , they are lax , they are scum that issue roboclaims

get sight of docs , hopefully the court will be duplicate of ones to you and show wrong address , due to greed , do NOT get it adjurned , get sight read them and be ready
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do not stress

Almost certainly they!!!8217;ll have messed this up, and sent to your old address. This is further unreasonable conduct. You will ask that the court disregards these documents, as they were not served on you, and the hearing proceeds on that basis. As they won!!!8217;t have an actual witness to the events there, they will not have any evidence - meaning you ask the court to rule in your favour, because they cannot prove any element of their claim.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    nosferatu1001 will the papers the court have CC the op s address

sorry , cryptic that , will the papers served by the idiots to the court show the OPs address
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 February 2018 at 1:45AM
    Options
    Please do NOT take documents offered to you by the other side outside the hearing room.
    Ok i'll make sure I am there nice and early to review the documents, I assume they just give me a file and I don't need to request any documents?
    No the court will not have a copy waiting for you.

Like the court clerk said, you just tell the Judge there is a problem, because you received no documents from the Claimant. Wait till you get int the hearing room and tell the Judge.
    Take proof with you, showing that you did send the Claimant copies of your own WS and evidence.

Can you please clarify, if you get time before you go - is this the hearing for the SET ASIDE only?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • theblackfox
    Options
    Yes this is a hearing for the set aside only
  • theblackfox
    Options
    SET ASIDE WON!

Just came out of court and have been granted a set aside!! WOO!

Was in there for around 15 minutes.
    Gladstones didn't turn up.
    Didn't really have to say much apart from yes and no answers.

The judge ordered the set aside based on CPR
    The claim still stands as I could not prove I changed my DVLA document of the vehicle.

So I now have to submit a defence within 14 days or settle with the claimant.

Any advice on what to do next would be fantastic, and thank you for all your help so far!
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    contact dvla to get date of vehicle change
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What's the status of the £255 you paid?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport