doorstep swap reconditioned sky plus HD box

We did this about 3 years ago and it was fine.But now this box is beginning to go the same way as our old one,ie ,freezes,or doesn't always record.Does anyone know if you can still do this,ie has anyone does this recently?Yes,I can ask sky but don't want the barrage of questions that come with it,and the "you should get sky Q " conversation!!

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm not really sure what you are asking , but Sky don't supply HD+ boxes so you'll have to buy a used one ,privately.
  • I just recently received a Reconditioned HD+ box from Sky.

I threatened to cancel and refused the £60 Sky 'Engineer' call out charge.

So the Man arrived (for Free) and swapped my faulty old box for another one from his van.

He then fitted a new dish on the house (probably his way of turning a 5 minute job into an hour?)

Anyway like i say i got a Reconditioned HD+ Box for Free.

OP you could try using 'Live Chat' on the Sky Website if you don't want to phone.

Or use this Free Phone Number: 0800 1512747 and then Sky can chatter away to you at their own cost :money:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I got my last one off eBay £15 local collection only , they get less bids

Put your card in it and activate online
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2017 at 8:58PM
    Put your card in it and activate online

just inserted my card into another box.............it paired and worked automatically..........no need to go on line! (as i used to have to do numerous times)

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes you can. As above, buy another one for £15 ish locally from Gumtree or whatever. You might want to upgrade to one with WiFi built in if you don't already have LAN (you'll lose RF2 output if you output to another room).
    You can move the programmes onto the new hard drive too if you have a bit of knowledge and patience...
    As Ballyblack says, the pairing process is a lot easier. Switch the new box on and get it connected to the internet BEFORE putting the card in. When you put the card in, it'll pair over the internet instead of having to mess around with it.
    Or you can tell Sky your box is broken and you have to leave, and they might throw a reconditioned box at you, but as you say, they'll try to sell you Sky Q too.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks everyone.Have bought a cheap one locally,ready for if we get any more problems.Have decided to change to sky Q next year sometime.I have been reading up about it.Anyone new to sky gets one automatically now,no more HD boxes available.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Froglet wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.Have bought a cheap one locally,ready for if we get any more problems.Have decided to change to sky Q next year sometime.I have been reading up about it.Anyone new to sky gets one automatically now,no more HD boxes available.
    there are dozens on Ebay some of which are likely tobe local, but you really need to read the description as some are sold as' for spares or repair' ie broken and some were, last year ,being sold by a dealer,but had no hardrives, so pretty useless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure