Ebay return

Options
Hello, I received a pair of boots last week which were listed as from 'New Look' but they are in fact from a Malaysian company & are burst at the seem at back. I requested to return the item which the seller agreed to. She 'sent' me a label but there is no label just an address - no name. I have sent photos to prove she listed the brand as 'New Look' as she is disputing this and asked her where the return label was but she is ignoring me. I don't really see why I should have to pay to return when it was her mistake in the listing.

Please help.... I have never had to return anything before.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you have to balance how much its going to send them back if its not a UK company

open a dispute as a SNAD (SNAD = Significantly Not As Described )

as they are obviously not as described, and let EBAY sort it out
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *you have to balance how much its* *going to send them back if its not a *
    *UK company*

The seller is responsible for the return cost of a misdescribed item even if the return address isn't in the UK.

OP, is the seller asking you to send them back to Malaysia? Your post isn't quite clear.

Either way it doesn't really matter. Open a return request with eBay and wait for a return label, if you don't get one (or a refund), ask eBay to step in when you can, I think it's 8 days.

If it's an Asian seller from my experience you will get lots of begging messages asking you to close the dispute otherwise they won't be able to feed their children, and offering you a 20% refund to do so. Just ignore these!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,306 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I concur with 19lottie82, get an SNAD case open and ask for a pre paid returns label. Assuming you win the dispute, and you are virtually guaranteed to do so, the seller must provide a label.

There is however a glitch in the dispute process at the moment- I'm currently on the phone to ebay trying to sort something out :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Do you have a case open, it sounds like it, but is it for SNAD?

If it is, on day 8, if the seller hasn't provided you a prepaid returns label you can escalate the matter to eBay.
  • nellydebs
    Options
    ***UPDATE***

I asked eBay for help on day 8 & they sent me a label. I am just waiting for refund now.

Thanks everyone! xx
  • soolin
    Options
    nellydebs wrote: »
    ***UPDATE***

I asked eBay for help on day 8 & they sent me a label. I am just waiting for refund now.

Thanks everyone! xx

You can ask eBay about the refund again as soon as the item shows as received back by the seller.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • nellydebs
    Options
    Refund received!. She has relisted them saying 'unknown' brand & added an extra £ on them!. I have resisted sending her a message. Hope some other poor sod doesn't end up with them! :(
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would get in touch with ebay and tell them what she is doing.......
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Archergirl wrote: »

What is she doing?
  • soolin
    Options
    nellydebs wrote: »
    Refund received!. She has relisted them saying 'unknown' brand & added an extra £ on them!. I have resisted sending her a message. Hope some other poor sod doesn't end up with them! :(

If they do then no doubt the seller will end up having to pay for the return again, each of these returns is costing her money- she will soon learn and at least she has now removed the incorrect brand.
    Archergirl wrote: »

What is she doing, I don't understand that comment. I'm not sure what she could be reported for, apart from mis describing her items eventually she will end up with so many returns, each costing her postage, and potential bad feedback that she will see the error of her ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure