FlexDirect - Latest t's & c's from Nationwide effective January

Options

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Bring on the higher interest rates from when we could bung all the money in one or two accounts and leave it to earn interest without all this moving around. (Well I can dream)

Hmmm. Just make sure that whilst you dream, sleep apnoea doesn't set in. :)
  • GaleSF63
    GaleSF63 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    There has to be a potential board game in all this banks, accounts, interest rates and switching malarkey along the lines of Monopoly and Totopoly.
  • Beartricks
    Options
    Keeping my Nationwide. I've been with them for most of my life and they're probably the only company I've ever used where the customer service has been faultless. I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience but until they give me a reason to leave I'll probably keep one account with them.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beartricks wrote: »
    Keeping my Nationwide. I've been with them for most of my life and they're probably the only company I've ever used where the customer service has been faultless. I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience but until they give me a reason to leave I'll probably keep one account with them.
    Probably? With a 5% AER regular saver (now in it's 3rd year?), a fee-free overseas credit card, and the ability to earn £500 per year by telling your story (of faultless customer service) to friends and family, you'd be very foolish to leave them. :)
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    Probably? With a 5% AER regular saver (now in it's 3rd year?), a fee-free overseas credit card, and the ability to earn £500 per year by telling your story (of faultless customer service) to friends and family, you'd be very foolish to leave them. :)

Whats the best way to play this?

When the 12m 5% finishes of the FlexDirect, if you close to reopen after 12m, you lose out on the RS at 5%
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Beartricks wrote: »

I have been with them since 1985 when I took out a mortgage with them. Recently updated my Flex account to flex plus for the holiday insurance as they were the only reasonably priced company to cover my wifes undiagnosed knee injury. I have also used the fee free credit card and take advantage of the flex saver. Best account I've ever had and have no intention of leaving them. (Surprisingly the holiday insurance is UK Insurance (Direct Line)). I also have a number of other accounts for swapping and interest but no-one comes near NW for CS
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whats the best way to play this?

When the 12m 5% finishes of the FlexDirect, if you close to reopen after 12m, you lose out on the RS at 5%

There is no point in close to reopen in 12 mths - they don't pay the 5% Flexd incentive anymore if you've had it before...ever.

Also you can close your Flexd and still have the 5% RS -
    you just need the FlexD to open one.
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    There is no point in close to reopen in 12 mths - they don't pay the 5% Flexd incentive anymore if you've had it before...ever.

We were able to re open one for the 12m 5%, that was over 12m ago, more like 18m now

When we spoke to the Nationwide adviser recently, she made no mention you couldn't re open
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2018 at 3:24PM
    Options
    We were able to re open one for the 12m 5%, that was over 12m ago, more like 18m now

When we spoke to the Nationwide adviser recently, she made no mention you couldn't re open

I didn't say you can't reopen..
    Have another read... ;)
    soulsaver wrote: »

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They made the no repeat of the 5% on the current account situation very clear after a number of us got different advice from different customer service operatives. (I personally had completely conflicting advice).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure