PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Can anyone confirm how long i have before my landlord evcits me (she's selling)

Options

Comments

• FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Indeed, if they haven't served you with a S21, it might because they are hoping that the sell will attract another LL who would be happy to keep you if the current LL confirms you have been an excellent tenant.

Unfortunately, for the same reasons more and more LL opt to sell, less and less investors are interested in property, but hey, it's great because there will be more properties available for residential mortgage. Too bad for those who can't afford to become owners and had no issues renting from a good LL.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We would have asked the police to attend because of the nature of the tenant.
    I don't think this applies to the OP!

Actually if the bailiff's can't get he tenant to leave, the police can move the tenant physically, as long as the bailiff's have a Possession order
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • tc1992
    tc1992 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thankyou for the replies, i need to have a proper look at this.

Just to clarify, there is no problem / agro between me and landlord / agents. They simply have decided to sell. I have a house bought in place, and i obviously want to get in there before my time here runs out. The process has started pretty much as of this week and I hope I can get it done and moved in, within 8 to 10 weeks. Hope, of course

I am on a 12 month contract, which goes automatically to 1 month rolling contract as of November 10th. So i believe they still need to give me notice. I really do not want to go down the staying put whilst out of contract route
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Property takes time to sell. In your interest to be mutually cooperative with the LL. Then you can time your exit.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    tc1992 wrote: »
    thankyou for the replies, i need to have a proper look at this.

Just to clarify, there is no problem / agro between me and landlord / agents. They simply have decided to sell. I have a house bought in place, and i obviously want to get in there before my time here runs out. The process has started pretty much as of this week and I hope I can get it done and moved in, within 8 to 10 weeks. Hope, of course

I am on a 12 month contract, which goes automatically to 1 month rolling contract as of November 10th. So i believe they still need to give me notice. I really do not want to go down the staying put whilst out of contract route

You don't have to stay until they give you 2 months...remember that if your house completes earlier you only need to give the one month notice...

It does sound as if you may be able to juggle the move on well and at the moment there would be no need to consider eviction as such.

Try and keep your LL up to date with your progress in the hope that they keep you updated with theirs and hopefully everything remains amicable

Keep pushing your solicitor or whomever is dealing with your house move it's always better to be the one who is able to leave the rental first as it saves you needing to arrange somewhere temporary if the sale of where you are now goes through super quickly.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Options
    Alter_ego wrote: »
    I read that it rolls over to periodic when the contract ends.

I think that is true unless you are informed to the contrary, as it is I would think that if your term is fixed from the outset then that may not be the case.
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that is true unless you are informed to the contrary, as it is I would think that if your term is fixed from the outset then that may not be the case.

There is no "unless," it rolls over- end of.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Alter ego...I think I get what mrs bradley is trying to say...and it might have been what I was implying earlier also...

As the tenancy has not yet come to an end...the OP has the right to leave on the last day of the tenancy...otherwise yes if they stay it automatically becomes rolling.

Perhaps we just arn't reading echothers comments in the way they were intended....
    I'm not out to challenge you..sometimes the spoken word flows easier than the written one!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Options
    Alter_ego wrote: »
    There is no "unless," it rolls over- end of.

Yes it has changed- it used to be routine to give a Section 21 at the same time as a fixed term. Now you have to do it least 4 months into the tenancy.
  • tc1992
    tc1992 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Thrugelmir and LEJC, thankyou. You've judged as it seems be. i am on good terms with my current LL i'll keep talking to them. If there are no spanner in the works i think i can get out of here before they really do want it back. Big "if" though. I'm in a chain of just one, and the people i am buying from have found a property (ie with no further chain up) and had their offer accepted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure