IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Small claim against me even though paid fine

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    I think it's a warrant of control and bailiffs. Sock it to them.
    Did you write in to seek costs in respect of the main claim following their discontinuance? It's worth a go. Do a schedule, send it with a letter saying that their claim was clearly hopeless from the start and that you had produced documentary evidence of your watertight defence months prior to them issuing. They discontinued having finally accepted that you had paid. Therefore can the court please award costs on the discontinued claim under rule 27.14(2)(g) in the amount set out in your schedule. Say you've sent a copy of your letter to the Claimant.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you get paid?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts