Gas meter capped when I was on holiday - help!

Options
12346»

Comments

• mouseclick
    Options
    Great news! After a service, my boiler is now working perfectly. However I need to block the window, fit a terminal guard to the balanced flue, and also earth the gas pipe near the meter. Very happy.:j
  • mouseclick
    Options
    Some more information. I contacted the BBC about this, and they paid for my boiler to be serviced and uncapped. The plumber owed nearly £17,000 in unpaid court debts.

Three people were interviewed, one lost £2000, the other £300, and myself £50. However, I was phoned the Friday before screening, that I would not be on air because I lost so little, and there were time constraints.

The episode was first screened on BBC1 Wales, at 7:30pm on Monday 6 November 2017. You can watch it here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09cmrgy/xray-series-17-episode-6.

Thanks to those who supported me. :beer:
  • MeterMan
    Options
    Goes to show that you can't always trust that first opinion. I am still dubious about its being disconnected in the first place. But its on and heating your home.

I'll watch the program later.
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its always nice to know there was a "Happy Ending" as such, and thanks for posting back too as not everyone does (from reading random threads) so it is nice to know how things turned out where possible. :)
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2017 at 3:31PM
    Options
    MeterMan wrote: »
    Goes to show that you can't always trust that first opinion. I am still dubious about its being disconnected in the first place. But its on and heating your home.

I'll watch the program later.
    I see it quite often when a gasafe man has to legally safeguard the occupiers and make sure he does nt face legal action himself.After all the boiler can kill everyone in the house.Can t trust the CO alarms to be working neither..
    Normally they string a piece of tape across the meter and control valve area warning them its illegal to use the gas until its checked rather than cap the gas supply
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure