PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Quick update from me before mum-taxi duties start...

Kitchen

Level 1
    empty bins

Level 2
    Wipe cupboard doors, drawer fronts and handles

Level 3
    sweep/mop floors

Extras
    Do a freezer inventory - start using up/creating space for Christmas
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job - DONE - today I nibbled at finding tradesmen for some work we need doing
    New month - do you need any cards? Buy December's cards too - because they mysteriously start to disappear from the shops;)
    HHI - DONE last night (by OH!:j)

Trffic Tuesday - Lounge about

Level 1
    Open the windows - DONE
    Empty bins - DONE
    Remove anything that doesn't live here
    Dust coffee table and tidy - DONE

level 2
    Dust everywhere - DONE
    Plump cushions - DONE
    Wipe sockets and switches
    Wipe sills - DONE
    Clean windows - DONE (it's a miracle!)

Level 3
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor - DONE
    Dust skirtings

Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - DONE -we are off to Portugal for the week :j:j
    Plan something nice for the weekend - DONE - meal out on Sat night with friends :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    Piggers didn't you try to do that a few years ago..well your kitchen anyway:rotfl:

Everybody's got to start somewhere, I suppose.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Jojo, are you an MU member, or any other union? Do they have health and safety reps? Has a risk assessment been carried out of the work you do? I think someone around you has the wrong priorities, and while I know you can sue and would win, it won't actually help when you get arthritis in the broken bones and joints. Compo only puts you back where you would have been financially if the accident hadn't happened. Despite what most people think of the NHS, it can't work miracles, no matter how hard everyone tries and they really do. Nothing on God's earth would get me to do something at home or work I thought was dangerous, as a great many of my managers and employers have discovered - in writing.

If there is no risk assessment for your work, then please put your concerns about the footwear you are now required to wear in writing. And if you're not a member of a union, please seriously consider joining one, otherwise you won't be able to afford to sue your employer.

I hope you find the right counsellor, Valli.

The first of three loads is twirling in the WM and I've vacuumed the ground floor and a bit of the first floor. It all looks a lot better. Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.

Yup, already unioned up. It's how I've still got a job. And a payrise.

No sign of the Risk Assessment they were forced to complete last year, though. Or the Occy Heath report that said I shouldn't be expected to do any of it - their 2nd argument for not letting me wear STC Boots is that I'm not supposed to be doing anything that needs them (so if they let me wear them, they're admitting that they're making me do stuff that warrants it).

I do refuse point blank when I feel particularly obstreperous/that this is never going to work out well - and always clarify by email the instructions/what the job entails - but if I don't do anything, they could argue that I can't do the job and dismiss me under capability. Bah. It's very annoying, to say the least - life would have been so much easier had they simply said 'here's lots of money, please go away and don't sue us for everything we've done to you'.

They're thinking/hoping I was making a bad taste joke. They can tell themselves that if they like. I know I was being absolutely honest about what will happen if I get so much as a scratch.

Never hurts for them to be reminded that I was the one member of staff that joined a union when nobody else had thought it would ever be necessary in such a lovely, friendly, happy place. And I am considering volunteering to become the onsite rep. Oh, and offering to take the H&S rep position, as they haven't had one for at least 2 years. Just to make their lives so much more comfortable :D

I have to admit that they do seem to try and attempt being pleasant to me on occasion now they found out, though. The courtesy isn't often extended towards non Unionised staff.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well only managed 59 minutes sleep :eek: in too much pain, so cracked on with today's list, was my turn to host Slimming World Luncheon Club today (just me mum, sis and dd), my mum is terminally ill so we try and figure out inventive ways to fill her days so house looked lovely and sparkly.

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open the windows
    Empty bins
    Remove anything that doesn't live here
    Dust coffee table and tidy
    See to flowers[/STRIKE]
    level 2
    [STRIKE]Dust everywhere
    Plump cushions
    Wipe sills
    Clean windows[/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Vacuum all soft furnishings, curtains
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - do you need craft materials for Christmas card making with the littleys?
    (laughs hysterically - I have to do it with 26 of them...)
    Plan something nice for the weekend[/STRIKE]

crashed this afternoon on sofa, now wide awake fingers crossed I will sleep tonight
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Sending gws vibes for poorlies and a flurry of hugs for all

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Monthly accounts finished
    Bank accounts checked and monies shuffled
    Appointment made for ECG next Thursday :o
    Tidied up balcony planters - nearly finished now - and watered
    Ordered a couple of knives and meat 'hasher' online at L*keland
    Put order into butcher's to collect Saturday.

My DS will not be able to visit us in November this year, as he wants to stay on Spanish territory so he can claim his government end-of-contract monies. He's saved it up for last couple of years but has to be there to claim it - he's suggested we meet in Spain for a week instead. So I've spent a good hour or so researching a visit for the end of November. DH has checked at work, and it should be okay there, so just waiting to hear back from DS that dates okay before I book flights.

Kitchen & Dining Room
    Clear sides and wipe, inc small appliances
    Wipe cupboard doors, drawer fronts and handles
    Clean and wipe/polish table
    Wipe/polish chairs - don't forget underneath seats where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe mats
    Clean sills
    Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff
    Do a freezer inventory - start using up/creating space for Christmas
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job

Dust everywhere
    Wipe sills
    Vacuum all soft furnishings, curtains
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings
    Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Plan something nice for the weekend

Plenty of sticks and spoons by the door if you're needing some
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry the list isn't exciting - don't forget your MAD half-hours.

Have a good day all
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok today and that Lynne gets to Spain.

Today's list is perfect for me. I did the downstairs loo yesterday, but should be able to fit in the bathroom today before the paid stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 October 2017 at 7:53AM
    Options
    Wonderful Wipey Wednesday - bathroom

simple list - but effective

remove all gibble
    fling towels in wash
    scrub bath, loo and sink. THOROUGHLY inc under rims and outside...

fling bleach down all holes...

dust everywhere

polish mirrors and any glass

sweep and mop floor

S&S kitchen
    MAD half hour...

love today's list thank you Valli :T:T:T:T
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 October 2017 at 1:54PM
    Options
    I have decluttered a sewing job that uses up fabric and tape bought years ago that's been lying around forever. I am now the proud owner of no less than seven huge cotton bags with drawstring tops that will hold spare cushions, bedding and duvets, and two slightly smaller ones that have velcro for spare feather pillows. For years I've stored all the spare bedding in plastic bags in the attic and this is a job I've been meaning to do for as long as I can remember. I also managed to make a huge pile of cardboard labels for them out of a gash cardboard box. It will cut down the hours I spend up there shifting piles of black plastic bags, looking for a particular duvet and pillows when I need to change them. Job done at long last.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

A day with no distractions today! I've already had a mad half hour of exercise, just grabbing some breakfast and a coffee. I will also do some more mad dining room sorting...

I'm also quite mad that DD doesn't want to wear her new coat, on a cold, wet and windy morning, because some boys in her class have been calling her "chubby" :mad:. There is honestly not an ounce on that child that shouldn't be there, and the two boys in particular are actually a bit overweight themselves. One of them is wider than her even with her padded coat on. And do you know what? Even if she was chubby, so bl00dy what? She doesn't go around calling out all kids that are a different size/shape/colour/accent or whatever. Oooo I want to bash the little swines for wanting her to feel bad :(:(:(

/rant

I might try tackle my bursting wardrobe too, today. Anger-flinging might produce some good results ;):p
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family