PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bins back in
    Ironing all done and away
    Whole of downstairs re hoovered

I have until 10am to wander around internet, then off out t ocut grass and a tip run
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Options
    I am shoe sorting.. 33 pairs to go and I've sorted 1 shelf and 2 small boxes.. school are collecting, they will hate me.

Kitchen ignored.. baby being a pain though she is going for a nap shortly.

Front room decluttered of 3 binbags of DD2's stuff DS2can take to chazzer as rags.. found some snazzy bags and scarves to donate to school/nursery for dress up and a mountain I am decide to ebay or not. I have 2 bags of 'modelling' materials the ohter parents will love me for and a chair to go live at my mothers.

litter tray emptied
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    Jojo, are you an MU member, or any other union? Do they have health and safety reps? Has a risk assessment been carried out of the work you do? I think someone around you has the wrong priorities, and while I know you can sue and would win, it won't actually help when you get arthritis in the broken bones and joints. Compo only puts you back where you would have been financially if the accident hadn't happened. Despite what most people think of the NHS, it can't work miracles, no matter how hard everyone tries and they really do. Nothing on God's earth would get me to do something at home or work I thought was dangerous, as a great many of my managers and employers have discovered - in writing.

If there is no risk assessment for your work, then please put your concerns about the footwear you are now required to wear in writing. And if you're not a member of a union, please seriously consider joining one, otherwise you won't be able to afford to sue your employer.

I hope you find the right counsellor, Valli.

The first of three loads is twirling in the WM and I've vacuumed the ground floor and a bit of the first floor. It all looks a lot better. Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.
    Better is good enough.
  • Zoelikesjam
    Options
    Struggling this week. Got nothing done yesterday as my back and neck were screaming at me, so spent most of the day crying on the sofa. Not to bad today so planning on getting some of it done. Failing that I'm going to get Oh on the work, give him a flylady list lol. Wish me luck
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Grass cut
    Tip run done
    Green house sorted for winter
    Table put away for winter
    All outdoor shed hinges / gate hinges etc been squirted with WD40
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.

Awesome is not quite the word I'd use right now.. disgusting, filthy and unhygeinic, yes!!

2 charity bags full
    3 for the refugee centre.. 1 full just of shoes!! 1 of childrens coats and 1 warm jumpers and bedding. Do you think it matters if the coats have school logo's if they are going to Calais?? they are brand new thick fleeces.

I have put 2 full binbags and 5 empty boxes in the bin

thats a lot of stuff out bound!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day off and full of a cold so feel justified in doing nothing all day. That is all.

Hugs to all in need xx
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a hallway full of shopping, although I've put the freezer stuff away...

Had flu jab, met mum for :coffee: and a cuddle with micro-bairn :D bless, he's 7lb5oz now. Nearly 16 weeks old. Aww.

Looking murky, will bring washing in, I think.

Then will go return DD boots!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After a not too promising start and another rubbish night's sleep, I think I've had a fairly productive day. Despite DH being at home is morning. I banished him to the dining room - was that so bad??
    LR has been dewebbed, dusted and swept through. Kitchen surfaces wiped, floor swept, and more dewebbing. Cooker hood soaked and cleaned, new filter and reassembled. Man came to quote for some building work. Turned up AND on time. I love him already.
    Yesterday's towel washing and today's wash have dried nicely out in the sun. And bonus - nothing needs ironing!
    2 hours at the allotment this afternoon doing a bit of digging and picking apples. I've now made a cuppa and toasted a crumpet as I forgot to have not only breakfast but lunch as well!
    Oh and a small froglet nibbled. Was in danger of growing into a full blown frog, so I braced myself and made a phone call. Technically I have only left a message for a call back, but that will do for today.
  • aklmatthews
    Options
    Not having the best day think i used too much polish yesterday when doing the dining room whent to get something out of dresser drawer and as I closed it plate slipped and pushed one of my serving dishes off. Then when dusting living room managed to do something to sky box now not working. Dyet completely blown just add a toffee crisp don't normally eat chocolate even when not on a diet and then a packet of crisps. I feel like going to bed and staying there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure