And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How's your mum getting on, Z? When will she be able to come out?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    How's your mum getting on, Z? When will she be able to come out?

She's out. In and out same day - they don't use general anesthetic.

It's:
    • cut a slit like you're putting more stuffing in a teddy,
    • poke in the wires with a rod,
    • tune it up so you can get Radio 2, Classic FM, and Radio 4 all with good reception,
    • sling the rest of bits into the hole
    • close the hole back up with a big sticky patch

She has to go back at the end of the coming week as I believe they're going to tune up for Smooth FM, and finally Heart.

The patch is really sticky. Reminds a bit of the Solvite adverts. She's not looking forward to that being peeled off.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :eek: is all.
    Hope it all goes well.

It's all right for some with heated seats:p:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It's all right for some with heated seats:p:p

Leather is awfully cold on the bottom otherwise. :eek:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Leather seats indeed:p:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Leather seats indeed:p:p

Wipe clean - can be useful... :p
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Wipe clean - can be useful... :p

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• ZTD
    Options
    Doing finances...

Good job I have a stock of baked beans... :eek:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Doing finances...

Good job I have a stock of baked beans... :eek:

There's always the foodbank...............

• ZTD
    Options
    In my quest to find reasonably "natural" pop now that Irn Bru is going all ersatz, I picked up a small pack of 6 cans of Sanpellegrino lemonade.

Took my first sip today.

Oh my...it's actually sour! Lemonade that tastes of lemon and without absurd sweetness! Knock me down with a feather anvil...

I'll be getting more of those (though I'd prefer a big bottle - it's a touch over-packaged...)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport