First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you get paid soon x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 18 May 2018 at 2:56PM
    Options
    I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine today and that some of your overdue payments arrive today, HH.

I've spent several hours outside on the grass crouched over big buckets and other receptacles full of hot soapy water as I scrubbed my way through boxes of crockery, cutlery and bakeware retrieved from the back of the shed where OH keeps the mower and gardening power tools. No idea how it all got buried in there, I'd completely forgotten I had it, it's been there years:o. It's mainly from my late Mum's house, no one else in the family wanted it. My brother suggested as we cleared the house that I take it to the tip but it's all still very usable so I'd never do that. I've kept some bits for my own use but his wife and grown up children didn't want anything as they have this need for everything matching:eek:. I don't care what it looks like if it does the job. Before I started the clean up everything had become very cobwebby and dusty but it's sparkling again now:j. I reckon my back will be a bit stiff tomorrow but it will soon wear off in time for the planned car boot sale I'm doing on Sunday. I'm not planning to try to sell all of it, a lot will be heading straight to the charity shops next week, together with whatever goes unsold at the car boot.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your car boot goes well carbootcrazy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Any other tesco tips please?
    A friend does get me the value dishwasher tablets.
    Thanks.

I use Mr T value soap for hand washing (25p a bar) which is much cheaper than the cheapest hand wash and lasts a darn sight longer.

Mr T laundry powder, a big box of 40 washes for £4 , much cheaper than the liquid I used to buy.

Value oats 75p for 1kg.

Toastie bread, 55p for a thick sliced loaf of brown or white bread.

Value cheddar or Red Leicester, around £2 for approximately 0.388kg (£5.50 per kg).

Value soft spread, £1.35 for 1kg.

Value brown sauce & ketchup, arou d 30p each.

Value baked beans 25p a tin.

Value tinned tomatoes 31p.

Mr T pasta sauce (not value) 75p and tastes gorgeous.

I'll let you know if I think of any more Mr T bargains Beanie.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the invoices haven't been paid yet :( It's annoying because if it was you that owed money you'd have to pay straight away. Fingers crossed the money comes in soon.

Good news on the DS front though, they sound like good lads :)
    jwil wrote: »
    Hope you get paid soon x
    I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine today and that some of your overdue payments arrive today, HH.

I've spent several hours outside on the grass crouched over big buckets and other receptacles full of hot soapy water as I scrubbed my way through boxes of crockery, cutlery and bakeware retrieved from the back of the shed where OH keeps the mower and gardening power tools. No idea how it all got buried in there, I'd completely forgotten I had it, it's been there years:o. It's mainly from my late Mum's house, no one else in the family wanted it. My brother suggested as we cleared the house that I take it to the tip but it's all still very usable so I'd never do that. I've kept some bits for my own use but his wife and grown up children didn't want anything as they have this need for everything matching:eek:. I don't care what it looks like if it does the job. Before I started the clean up everything had become very cobwebby and dusty but it's sparkling again now:j. I reckon my back will be a bit stiff tomorrow but it will soon wear off in time for the planned car boot sale I'm doing on Sunday. I'm not planning to try to sell all of it, a lot will be heading straight to the charity shops next week, together with whatever goes unsold at the car boot.

Thanks all :). Great to find all that car boot stuff Carboot, living up to your name I see :rotfl:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We got paid £85 late this afternoon :T. Not enough to pay the council tax but we've paid off the £15 that DH was overdrawn by. So that leaves £70 in the business account. A lot better than nothing. I also cashed out some PA money so I've got £10 in my account :T. Hopefully some more people will pay next week.

We got quite a lot of work done and we've had two NSD in a row. I've had five AFD this week including tonight, but that's normal for me. How do people afford to be alcoholics?

I had two more YG surveys, one relating to GDPR and a normal one, so another 100 points there :T.

TGIF :beer:. Have a great Friday everyone :).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We got paid £85 late this afternoon :T. Not enough to pay the council tax but we've paid off the £15 that DH was overdrawn by. So that leaves £70 in the business account. A lot better than nothing. I also cashed out some PA money so I've got £10 in my account :T. Hopefully some more people will pay next week.

We got quite a lot of work done and we've had two NSD in a row. I've had five AFD this week including tonight, but that's normal for me. How do people afford to be alcoholics?

I had two more YG surveys, one relating to GDPR and a normal one, so another 100 points there :T.

TGIF :beer:. Have a great Friday everyone :).

Good to hear you received some of the money owed to you. here's to the rest arriving early next week:beer:

I know what you mean about the cost of being an alcoholic. I once knew 2 of them and I don't think they bothered to eat much. Probably saved a fortune on food.

I had 2 YG surveys in the past 3 days, an unheard of event:rotfl:. I'm now only 50 points (one survey) short of my £50 payout:j:j:j

Enjoy your Saturday:beer:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the payment :)
    Thanks for the Mr T tips :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy yoiur Saturday Saunter :grin:

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Beanie.

I enjoyed my saunter. I thought everyone would be home watching football or the royal wedding but it was RAMMED in town! The warm weather must have brought everyone out from hiding.

I bought two books, 'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser and 'I'm Ok You're Ok' by Dr sombody or other ( about transactional analysis). Apart from that it was the usual spending on bus, latte and fruit and cheese in Mr T.

Am I the only person who rummages through all the value cheese looking for the cheapest packet? £2.50 no way, £2.30 a bit better, £2.10 nearly there, £2.01 nailed it :rotfl:.

When I got home I cleaned out the furry moron, put the dishwasher on, emptied the kitchen bins and put a wash on. Since then I've put the dishwasher on again and hung up the washing on the clothes horse.

Now I'm reading 'Fast Food Nation' with Parks and Recreation on the telly in the background, while DH is cooking :D.

I did a quick PA survey before I went out, a rare one you can do on a tablet.

I didn't watch the royal wedding but looked at footage and pictures from it on the BBC website. I love seeing what people are wearing and who the guests are. Does EVERYONE know David Beckam??? The guests included Idris Elba (I fancy him), Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney (I fancy him too) and Elton John, plus some actors from Suits. I thought the gospel choir was brilliant.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure