We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Pauline :). I too am eating yoghurt and grapes, along with soup and jelly. I don't seem to fancy much else. Normally I drink about 10 cups of tea a day, so it's not like me to go off it.

I hope it doesn't take me six weeks to get back to normal, but it has been a nasty bout. I feel like my life is on hold at the moment :(.

DH seems okay but is tired from doing most of the things I normally do.

DS2 should fly home on Thursdsy morning :) so I'm hoping I'll be well enough to meet him.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Is DS2 home today or tomorrow. He will get a great view of the snow in Manchester if he is landing here.

Is taken me weeks to feel normal again, and I am still not there , so just take it easy.

Thank you Cumbria. DS2 arrives home on Thursday morning :) so I hope his flights to and from Manchester aren't delayed by snow.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,108 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The airport is fine at the moment . He will be home before you know it.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Another one who has been a little MIA. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. Glad you are on the mend now though and as Beanie says, every cloud.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Cant believe DS is nearly back home already HHOD, that seems to have gone quickly (maybe not for you!) xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    Options
    Hope you're taking it easy HH

Hopefully DS's flights should be okay. It isn't that bad here

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • I envy all you people without too much snow:j

Absolutely terrible here, the narrow lane past our house is impassable, not a vehicle of any kind has been through at all this morning so far:eek:. OH had to cancel his car service as soon as he looked out of the window when he woke up this morning as the garage is 17 miles away and the main road is over 3 miles away and he didn't fancy his chances getting that far. Wise move IMO, especially as the journey wasn't exactly crucial:T

Snowed very heavily overnight, we thought we'd escaped the worst as the threatened amount yesterday wasn't as bad as expected. It's made up for it since though and there's currently blizzard conditions here:eek:. What skiiers call a 'white out' I believe.

Great to hear you are on the mend HH:j. Please take everyone's advice and don't do too much too soon. Also, having my bossy hat on:o, do you think it's wise to go out in the cold to meet your son? Can't DH do it on his own? Your son will surely understand in the circumstances. I know you'll be overjoyed to see him and welcome him home but you've been seriously ill and are still not 100% yet.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    The airport is fine at the moment . He will be home before you know it.
    Another one who has been a little MIA. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. Glad you are on the mend now though and as Beanie says, every cloud.
    Cant believe DS is nearly back home already HHOD, that seems to have gone quickly (maybe not for you!) xx

Thanks all :). I got confused and DH is returning on Friday morning not Thursday :o. Hopefully the weather will have improved by then.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope you're taking it easy HH

Hopefully DS's flights should be okay. It isn't that bad here

x

Thanks Wannabe :)
    I envy all you people without too much snow:j

Absolutely terrible here, the narrow lane past our house is impassable, not a vehicle of any kind has been through at all this morning so far:eek:. OH had to cancel his car service as soon as he looked out of the window when he woke up this morning as the garage is 17 miles away and the main road is over 3 miles away and he didn't fancy his chances getting that far. Wise move IMO, especially as the journey wasn't exactly crucial:T

Snowed very heavily overnight, we thought we'd escaped the worst as the threatened amount yesterday wasn't as bad as expected. It's made up for it since though and there's currently blizzard conditions here:eek:. What skiiers call a 'white out' I believe.

Great to hear you are on the mend HH:j. Please take everyone's advice and don't do too much too soon. Also, having my bossy hat on:o, do you think it's wise to go out in the cold to meet your son? Can't DH do it on his own? Your son will surely understand in the circumstances. I know you'll be overjoyed to see him and welcome him home but you've been seriously ill and are still not 100% yet.

Poor you Carboot with all the snow, I hope it melts a bit soon.

I want to meet DS2 because I'll get 45 mins in a car with him where he can't escape, and I can find out how he is and what's he's been doing in New Orleans!

But I'll wrap up warm and rest when we get home.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Breaking news it is snowing heavily, first snow that's settled in about ten years :eek:.

We've literally just had our Mr T delivery and they said they're cancelling all the rest after this, so we were very lucky to get our delivery :T. The delivery woman said there's been an accident just around the corner :eek:.

The snow looks very pretty but DH has to go to the hospital this afternoon for a heart ultrasound, so I hope he can get there safely in the snow.

He also has to go back to the hospital on Saturday to have a 24 hour heart monitor fitted. I guess they're trying go work out why the TIA happened. It's good that they're looking after him so well.

Have a good day everyone and I hope no one is snowed in :eek:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport