Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes I could try those Redo. I need to try and put a bit more thought into my meal planning. Thanks for the suggestions :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine was only about a fiver a couple of years ago.
    Sainsbugs basics.
    Hand blender.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's a good price beanie.

I'm off to bed now as we have to get up at silly o'clock tomorrow :(.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your DS gets away ok.
    Sleep well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope your DS gets away ok.
    Sleep well.

Thanks beanie :).

It's silly o'clock and I've got up now :eek:
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning HHD

I hope you managed to get back to bed and get some sleep. I thought I was tired but have nothing on you. Your diary has made me hungry this morning:).

Snack ideas - tapenade with oat cakes, houmous, boiled eggs. I also got told by nutritionist to eat protein with each meal, eat with no distractions ( which is surprisingly hard for me) and to chew each mouthful at least 30 times. I found I don’t eat as much when I do all that. It’s eating mindfully which is easier said than done.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Just catching up HHOD, hope you are not too tired today with getting up so early to take DS2 to the airport - I hope he has a fab time.

So sorry to read that DH had a TIA - hopefully as you say it will be a warning to him and he will start taking better care of himself.

My DH takes loads of medication and once I week I put them all in dosette boxes which have 4 compartments and also the days of the week on so if he tells me he has taken his tablets I can easily check if he really has.
    I veer between getting annoyed that I basically have to mother him and get his tablets ready to knowing that if I don't and he forgets he is actually quite poorly for days on end and actually that annoys me as well.

Maybe its what we signed up for when we took our vows????
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Munchin wrote: »
    Morning HHD

I hope you managed to get back to bed and get some sleep. I thought I was tired but have nothing on you. Your diary has made me hungry this morning:).

Snack ideas - tapenade with oat cakes, houmous, boiled eggs. I also got told by nutritionist to eat protein with each meal, eat with no distractions ( which is surprisingly hard for me) and to chew each mouthful at least 30 times. I found I don’t eat as much when I do all that. It’s eating mindfully which is easier said than done.

I'm still awake :D.

What's tapenade? DH likes houmous and boiled eggs. He should eat more slowly as he tends to bolt his food whilst watching something on his tablet, so very unmindful!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Just catching up HHOD, hope you are not too tired today with getting up so early to take DS2 to the airport - I hope he has a fab time.

So sorry to read that DH had a TIA - hopefully as you say it will be a warning to him and he will start taking better care of himself.

My DH takes loads of medication and once I week I put them all in dosette boxes which have 4 compartments and also the days of the week on so if he tells me he has taken his tablets I can easily check if he really has.
    I veer between getting annoyed that I basically have to mother him and get his tablets ready to knowing that if I don't and he forgets he is actually quite poorly for days on end and actually that annoys me as well.

Maybe its what we signed up for when we took our vows????

Thanks EE :). DH has a pill box with compartments for each day of the week, but still manages to forget sometimes :mad:. But at least he can see at a glance which ones he has already had.

The tick list on my tablet seems to be working quite well at the moment, so we'll have to see how that goes.

I bet a lot of women have to mother their OH's, where would they be without us? :mad:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm still awake :D. Not been back from the airport long. DS2 let us sit with him for a couple of hours before he went through security and even let me take his photo. We had some real quality time with him :D.

His plane has only just taken off (half an hour late). He'll be in Manchester in time for breakfast.

I'm going to go back to bed for a few hours late morning, once DS2 is on his long flight to America. I only had two and a half hours sleep so I feel like the living dead :eek:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure