Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That sounds like a plan that works really well for you SSG. DH gets up and goes straight into the office usually, but sometimes DS2A uses it after we've gone to bed so the tablets might get moved.

I think maybe a phone alarm might work best for him, but we can try and see what works for him.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Do they just do Pokemon Go? Has he tried Ingress? Much more tactical and the same location based thing. My OH really got into Ingress which has set us off on some interesting walks to 'capture the portal at the top'.

Hope you get a slower day tomorrow.

Good idea Redo, he might like that :). DS1 likes geocaching too, so he's always up for doing that with DH.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the TIA but hope your OH can think of it as a wee warning.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh & I have a wee chart these days for my medication.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you Beanie, I hope he manages to look after himself better from now on.

A chart, hmmm. On paper? I wonder whether a small whiteboard would work? That I could divide into squares and then put a tick when he's had his tablets?

Thinks... thinks...
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I’m so pleased that things weren’t as bad as you feared with DH Hairy.

Things were actually a bit worse SSG because we were hoping it was a migraine, but it was actually a mini stroke :(.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry Hairy. You were both so stressed and I thought you were thinking tumours. Of course a mini stroke is still very worrying. :(Hopefully you’ll both think of the best way to ensure that the medication is taken regularly from now on.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Actually no a tumour never occurred to me luckily :eek: although it should have done after Mr SA. You're right, that would have been much worse :eek:.
  • beanielou
    Options
    MY chart is on paper but am sure a whiteboard would work well too.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You've definitely got me thinking beanie.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure