Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally - Page 1419

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

edited 18 November 2017 at 9:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
14.6K replies 845.2K views

Replies

• edited 24 November 2020 at 3:14PM
    HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    13.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 November 2020 at 3:14PM
    foxgloves said:
    I'm sure your decorations. a nice sit down by the fire & a good book are just exactly what you need, HHoD. That's what I'm going to do shortly (minus the decorations, although I have filled the advent calendar pockets today) & I haven't had nearly such a trying week as you/
    Be kind to yourself. We all have bad days at work sometimes. We learn from them & hopefully we move on. Sometimes the 'thing' we learn may just be 'it is what it is' & there's no need to beat ourselves up about it. I encountered many difficult & troubled children & young people when I was working. Sometimes they could be so sweet & lovely, obviously craving adult attention. Other times, they went beyond any sense of acceptable behaviour. This was never as a result of anything I had done, said or left undone, simply that they often had very chaotic & difficult home lives with few meaningful boundaries & I think in some cases, also undiagnosed mental health issues. While I did work with schools, I didn't work IN schools for more than a half day or day at a time, & I did often think about the trials teachers must have been undergoing on a daily basis with some of these kids. They had so much going on n their lives, including stuff that they shouldn't have had to be dealing with at such a young age, that I think their heads were like pressure cookers. 
    Just keep telling yourself that it isn't you. These children will always exist.
    F xx
    Thanks Foxgloves :).

milann said:
    At school we see part of the child’s life....we will never fully know what influences they are exposed to and we can do the best we can at the time. What works one day with a child won’t necessarily work the following day or with another child.Be kind to yourself Hairy and remember the children haven’t read the rule book so don’t always behave the way we want them to.
    Have a lovely weekend snuggled up with your book in the glow of your Christmas decorations 🎄🎄
    Thanks Milann :)

Be careful how you lift. So easy to hurt your back. Take care.
    Thanks DIA :). I'll try to be careful.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500. SEF = £1,000/£10,000
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300. HOLIDAY MONEY £800