Any1 used a Bt business Hub??

Options
Hello

I'm with primus and trying to set up the bt hub so i can use wireless for my laptop and wii.

I'm gettin a red light on the internet light though.
Ive gone into the setting of the router and tried changing the logon and password so it matches my primus one but it say 'PPP user name is not correct'

Any ideas please??

Thanks

Richie

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Locked to BT.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Richie23_2
    Richie23_2 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    ummm well i didnt know that.. had it free and thought i'd give it a whirl. Gutted now..

Thanks
  • espresso
    Options
    If you search the net, the firmware can be flashed to make it generic again.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Richie23_2
    Options
    Thanks will give it a whirl.. not that technical though but will see what i can find..save me buying one then.

Cheers
  • Richie23_2
    Options
    Right,managed to change the email address and can now access the bt hub.(using it as we speak) but not via wireless. I can do wireless but after a few seconds it starts to stating 'acquiring new address' then the connection will come back. I am literally sat on top of the hub. is there anyway of puttin in a static ip address.. or do i need to check something else so i can make this all work wireless?? Thanks
  • espresso
    Options
    Have you set the wireless encryption to WPA-PSK?
  • Richie23_2
    Options
    think its set to 'open', should i change it to that then?
  • Richie23_2
    Options
    wireless not working at alll now, where do i need to go and check all details?? sorry aint got a scooby doo!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure