MSE News: E.on set to scrap standard variable tariffs

Options
13»

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Hedgehog99 wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

Surely electricity and gas cost x per unit and smart meters are supposed to enable accurate billing?

Why all this fixing for a year nonsense?

I just want to pay for what I use.

Surely the cost per unit should be the same for everyone unless on pre-payment or defined as being a vulnerable customer?

Any suggesting of fixing smells of, well, a fix!

Morning Hedgehog99 and, if they wish, customers can opt out of the default fixed term tariff we're looking at for next year. As I mentioned yesterday (post #15), if customers really don't want the fixed term tariff, they don't have to go on it.

We're proposing that the standard fixed term tariff will be cheaper than our SVT and will have no exit fees leaving customers free to change supplier whenever they like without penalty. If this isn't what they want, though, they can stay on our SVT or go on a different tariff either with us or another supplier.

Hope this explains what we're proposing for next year Hedgehog99.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Somehow i doubt it? I rarely spend my time posting anymore...........:D

That's a shame fredandwilma. Always a valuable contribution. :money:

I suspect it will be very slightly cheaper than the SVT but not as cheap or cheaper than their other fixed tariffs, which means you will have to change tariffs in any case?

If it were cheaper than all their tariffs, that would definitely be something to write home about.

Malc?

(I know you won't know anymore than we do...........) :rotfl:
    Spot on. We're only told about these things at about the same time as they're made public. Our website is always a good place to look for this sort of information. It's often updated overnight so sometimes has the latest information before Helena and I arrive at the office.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure