Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Little word play to draw you in !
  • droopsnoot
    Options
    Zola. wrote: »
    That's awesome! Body work still good?

It's not bad, but it's one of the last Audis that were made before they started galvanising them, so it has crusty wheelarches and a few scabs around the place. The sills need some work because they have plastic covers and the moisture gathers behind them, and it needs work on the back panel resulting from accident damage before I bought the car that was never repaired properly. All quite easy to do.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 September 2017 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Zola. wrote: »
    My VW has just clocked 236,000 miles.

Can anyone beat that?! :rotfl:

I plan to drive it to 250,00 / next June and then retire her.

My last MK4 Golf TDI was at 250k miles when I sold it, it's still running well and passed last MOT with no advisories. My current 16 year old MK4 TDI was bought at 140k miles, now nearly 170k after 18 months and 1000 miles added last week alone with no issues at all and 60mpg.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    My last MK4 Golf TDI was at 250k miles when I sold it, it's still running well and passed last MOT with no advisories. My current 16 year old MK4 TDI was bought at 140k miles, now nearly 170k after 18 months and 1000 miles added last week alone with no issues at all and 60mpg.

Do you know who you sold the 250k one too? I am sure you were a little sad to see it go? I hope its still on the road.

250k is my personal aim for this car.
  • gonzo127
    gonzo127 Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had a mk2 clio diesel which i got to 280k miles, although that was not from choice as it was painful to drive, but cheap as chips to run.

currently my fiat bravo (150) diesel has just passed 125k miles, got it last year with 83k miles, hope to get it to 200k (18 months or so more driving) or beyond as its much more fun to drive than my old clio, unfortunately it means she is being driven somewhat harder so might not last that long lol
    Drop a brand challenge
    on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
    10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
    20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure