Toilet Training Balls

Comments

• mccawz
    mccawz Posts: 43 Forumite
    Picked up a pack in Sainsbury's last week.
    Reduced to 10p :D
    It was a manual reduction (yellow reduced barcode label) so won't be national but you may find other stores are delisting this product and have reduced them.

Don't have toddlers but the cat loves chasing them round the house.:D
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • emmajg
    emmajg Posts: 136 Forumite
    I've seen these in Sainsburys too and don't see the point in them. My 2.5 yr has no problem peeing standing up either in the toilet or potty.
    Is it one of those many baby/toddler products they've designed that we just don't really need?
    Em Tysoe
    about £12k debt & 7 years left to pay
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 44 Forumite
    in my experience of kids and toilet training, the main problems are:

-persuading them not do put hands, toys, car keys, etc down the toilet
    -encouraging them not to !!!! on the carpet

can't really see how this product would help in either respect TBH

:confused:
    WTID
  • vickyn_2
    vickyn_2 Posts: 63 Forumite
    I dont understand why it is important to get a boy to pee standing up anyway!! Surely its easier and less messy to just keep them sat down until they are curious and confident enough to do it standing up? Thats what I did with DS, he has only just started to pee standing up at age 4 as he's seen the other boys at school doing it. The only other times he has pee'd standing up is in an emergency outside!
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    If he's anything like mine, the reason I want him to pee standing up is that when sitting, it points between the seat and the bowl, and so he pees on the floor! :eek:
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just been reading about the man who came up with the idea for these, think he's going to be on the new series of Dragons' Den. Apparently the product is called "Max" after his son, as he had problems when toilet training. He has spent £80,000 on the project so far (from personal loans & a second mortgage) so maybe we should support him or he might be on here soon asking for advice!
  • think ping pong balls work ok or even wine bottle corks with faces drawn on. thats even cheaper.
  • toepazz
    toepazz Posts: 131 Forumite
    Minerva69 wrote: »
    Just been reading about the man who came up with the idea for these, think he's going to be on the new series of Dragons' Den. Apparently the product is called "Max" after his son, as he had problems when toilet training. He has spent £80,000 on the project so far (from personal loans & a second mortgage) so maybe we should support him or he might be on here soon asking for advice!

Give me strength ... has every Englishman gone into 'brain dead' mode? If you want to P, just P why do you need to be told how to do it? Is it such an educationally demanding task? - Come on, everyone knows how to P
  • toepazz
    toepazz wrote: »
    Give me strength ... has every Englishman gone into 'brain dead' mode? If you want to P, just P why do you need to be told how to do it? Is it such an educationally demanding task? - Come on, everyone knows how to P

nd if you have managed to claw yourself out of the swamp, why haven't you told your child what to do ..............
  • toepazz
    toepazz wrote: »
    nd if you have managed to claw yourself out of the swamp, why haven't you told your child what to do ..............

so that their life imay be a little better than your's (... not mine)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure