Can I be forced to upload CV to Universal Jobmatch

Options

Comments

• Stylehutz
    Options
    The advisers will also lie to You by saying hardly anyone refuses to give them access to your account. My understanding is that around 30 per cent of claimants dont allow access.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stylehutz wrote: »
    The advisers will also lie to You by saying hardly anyone refuses to give them access to your account. My understanding is that around 30 per cent of claimants dont allow access.

That's interesting

Where did you get the 30% figure from?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Depends if you want any hassle from them or do you want no hassle and find a job ? If you dont want hassle then follow the advice posted and get a payg sim just for your cv.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Again. Only a job that is actually applied for will cause the employer to see personal details.

Some people are treated terribly by the DWP. Im afraid going in with a smile doesn't stop that happening for a lot of people
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    I am conscious that the original question is being derailed.

The question was 'do I have to upload my CV to UJM'. My understanding is that the answer to this is YES. You have a responsibility to apply for jobs and bring your CV to the attention of as many prospective employers as possible. The DWP [mistakenly] believe that UJM is the best way to bring that CV in front of recruiters. Hence they have every reason to insist you upload.

The question of giving them access to your account is a totally separate one. We all know you DON'T have to do this, and that it is inadvisable.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Stylehutz
    Options
    I am conscious that the original question is being derailed.

The question was 'do I have to upload my CV to UJM'. My understanding is that the answer to this is YES. You have a responsibility to apply for jobs and bring your CV to the attention of as many prospective employers as possible. The DWP [mistakenly] believe that UJM is the best way to bring that CV in front of recruiters. Hence they have every reason to insist you upload.

The question of giving them access to your account is a totally separate one. We all know you DON'T have to do this, and that it is inadvisable.

Spot on, so in a nutshell upload it and then deny them access. You wont get many calls if any at all from employers seeing your CV on UJM as there are better job websites out there.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    UJM allows you to upload 5 CVs, so you have scope to do what a lot of people do.

They have 1 CV for well paid jobs that require a high quality, professional CV and another full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors for those nmw jobs that the Job Centre force you to apply for.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Stylehutz
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    UJM allows you to upload 5 CVs, so you have scope to do what a lot of people do.

They have 1 CV for well paid jobs that require a high quality, professional CV and another full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors for those nmw jobs that the Job Centre force you to apply for.

Yes but your workcoach will see the badly written CV because you allowed them access to your account. They will take it as you are not trying to look for work and bingo a likely sanction to follow. Just dont give them access it's a no brainer.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    One thing to remeber with Universal Jobmatch,dont be silly and apply for jobs 100"s of miles away just to say you have applied for this that and the other.

I regularly use it to advertise for security guards/officers and the amount of timer wasters with out a license or live 100 miles away is a joke.

Do these people assume they wont get reported...or a formal interview offered (pretty sure if offered your meant to attend...anyone confirm that..?)

Glad to say it does work though when used properly...just started a lad who had his license paid for by Job Centre and applied via Universal Jobmatch,cracking lad and a pleasure to have onboard.
  • indianabones
    Options
    Upload the CV if they request it, I think deep down even you know that really there's not much choice. But make sure you leave out personal details except for perhaps an email address so people can contact you.

What usually happens is recruiters when searching for people type in key words such as product manager in Newcastle. That will return for them a few matches and they'll start contacting them. They will treat you as a shoe in, but the reality is they have about 15 people lined up and only need 1.

So that in turn also means you need a fair few recruiters contacting you and putting you forward to stand a realistic chance.

Most people have mixed reviews about finding work via job boards. You usually do get put forward for 1 in 3, and perhaps 1 in 2 of those go to a telephone interview stage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure