IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have a valid ticket

Options
124»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2018 at 1:24PM
    Options
    The demand for £238 alone should tell you that this is a scam. The most you would be likely to pay, if you were to lose, would be circa £200.

However, if this did get to court, you would imo be unlikely to lose. Claims for breach of contract for a fluttering tickets, where full payment has been made are becoming increasingly viewed by judges are not important or deliberate or malicious breaches and the PPC often ends up paying both the motorist and the solicitor. Read this

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213982109-Fluttering-Ticket-Robodefence
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Wynne92
    Wynne92 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you the link made interesting reading and I will use the information in my reply to BWlegal.
  • Wynne92
    Wynne92 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, Just an update.I have heard nothing from either Excel Parking or BWLegal since before christmas.However I recently checked my credit rating and have discovered a search has been made back in Novemeber of 2017 by BWLegal.Would they have the right to do this.I understand that if I wa staking out credit then a check would be taken as when I use comparison sites for my car insurance compainies carry out searches.I have not entered into any agreement with BWLegal .Can companies just do a random search of your credit rating?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes they have the right to do this. Tracing service. They didnt do a search on your credit rating. They did a search on your location, using your credit history, and therefore it shows up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure