IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have a valid ticket

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same letters as everyone else last week. Read other BW Legal threads. Replies are discussed already, lots of times.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Calls - answer and state you do not consent to contact except in writing.
  • Wynne92
    Wynne92 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So today have received another letter from BWlegal stating it is a "Letter of Claim".The estimated costs are £238.02 and I have until 28th February to reply.I also have some forms to fill in stating whether I accept I owe the debt or reasons why etc.The rear of one of the forms has a bwlegal logo and is asking for details of my income and expenditure which I really don't want to provide.Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    your income and expenditure has nothing to do with tgthem , this is a unregulated industry and it will be up to a judge to decide how much to pay YOU after they !!!! this up yet again
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Wynne92 wrote: »
    So today have received another letter from BWlegal stating it is a "Letter of Claim".The estimated costs are £238.02 and I have until 28th February to reply.I also have some forms to fill in stating whether I accept I owe the debt or reasons why etc.The rear of one of the forms has a bwlegal logo and is asking for details of my income and expenditure which I really don't want to provide.Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Don't provide it to them then!

Go to the newbies faq thread for advice on dealing with a lbccs and how to deal with a court claim too
  • Wynne92
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry ...should I proceed with filling these forms in or ignore them...they do look like another version of the "pay up or else" debt recovery letters and seem to be pushing for me to pay the "fine".Nothing mentioned about what information they are relying on etc.although there are two sheets to fill in agreeing to the debt or denying I owe the debt and everything in between.I have no intention of providing my financial details as requested.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why are you so intent on filling the forms?

Have you read the guidance in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread which describes exactly how to robustly respond to a Letter Before Claim?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wynne92 wrote: »
    Sorry ...should I proceed with filling these forms in or ignore them...they do look like another version of the "pay up or else" debt recovery letters and seem to be pushing for me to pay the "fine".Nothing mentioned about what information they are relying on etc.although there are two sheets to fill in agreeing to the debt or denying I owe the debt and everything in between.I have no intention of providing my financial details as requested.

Come on, read up on the new pre-action protocol for debt claims. The forms are the standard reply forms and you don't start filling in income & expenditure info, that has nothing to do with you.

I think you are skim reading the forms and panicking, like people do when they get standard court claim paperwork which has the same bumf, NONE of which relates to a person disputing the claim.

Read it again calm down and read other BW Legal LBCCC threads, try searching:

solicitors immune BW Legal

To find a simple example reply letter, already written. No forms need filling in.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something completely anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • Wynne92
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for your replies
    KeithP,
    I 'm not intent on filling in the forms, I'm worried that if I don't fill in forms that should be filled in it could cause me more problems.
    Coupon Mad
    I shall read the advised thread.
    Quentin
    Thank you for the advice,my MSE name bears no resemblance to my real name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure