🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A newbie: can I join the club please?!

Options
124»

Comments

• Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Joehel.

I have found this whole thread very interesting. As you can see from my signature I am a comper too. I have won from some of your posts on another site, so big thanks. I also have the same income as your basic ( my job has no paid overtime). I manage to keep two of us (me plus teen daughter) on that amount ok and save a fair amount each month. I rarely buy 'luxury' items and rely on comping to provide them. It makes me feel like I have a good standard of living.

When I meet a savings goal (or for you it could be paying of an amount of debt) I reward myself with some stamps. Its a really good incentive to keep focused. You could also do the same with smoking.

Good luck.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello, just thought i'd say congratulations on making so many changes and getting your debt onto a 0% card. I bet if you put that in your snowball calculator you'll be able to knock even more time off the dfd.
    I wish i could give up my addiction for chocolate i wonder if there's a book that will help - actually that's a serious thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport