IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Admin Centre help :(

Options

Comments

• Loki01
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They're not quoting 'Section 2', they're quoting 'Schedule 2'. The DPA isn't about parking, it's about handling of personal data. You're not likely to find 'parking' mentioned anywhere in the Act.

I did one single entry Google search 'The Data Protection Act' and it produced this. Scroll to near the foot of the page and you'll see a link to Schedule 2.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents

I see!
    Thanks! I will read it now.

Ok, well that doesn't help with the ticket. What can I send to them regarding that? I have already asked for the popla code again and they are refusing once again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you sent that lengthy complaint (produced for you by Coupon-mad) to the BPA and the DVLA?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Loki01
    Options
    Yes I have. With their second refusal today (found it too late the first time).
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    See what transpires from the complaints. If the hospital/ZZPS are stonewalling you then you've got to get the BPA and DVLA involved.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Loki01
    Loki01 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

The DVLA hasn't been in touch at all and BPA said it contacted the company.
    It is now quite some time and I am worried that they will come up with some deadline that i have missed.
    If it comes to a court hearing, is the fact that they refused to give me the Popla code and therefore a chance of an appeal going to mean they cannot win?
    Or am I being naive?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This is just ten days after you sent the complaint, and it's a serious one. Let the BPA deal with it, my you are a worrier, there is no way this is going anywhere, let alone court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Loki01
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    This is just ten days after you sent the complaint, and it's a serious one. Let the BPA deal with it, my you are a worrier, there is no way this is going anywhere, let alone court.

Thank you.
    I am a worrier, you are right.
    I am just worried because i work at the place so I think maybe they can say I was the driver. Also not sure if they legally have to give me popla code althought it just seems wrong if they don't. I really had no idea of the charge before the notice came.
  • Loki01
    Options
    I just wanted to share this with you. I have received an email from AOS:

I have received a response from the Operator regarding your complaint and can advise as follows.

The Operator has confirmed that there was a procedural error and your appeal should have been considered as it was sent within 28 days of the Notice to Keeper being received. Due to this error, the Operator has confirmed they will cancel the parking charge notice and inform you accordingly. As the appropriate corrective action has been taken and we have received assurances that it was a mistake, we have closed the investigation.

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Thank you very much for your help here! I have received this response a week ago so I send an email to the PCN Admin centre asking them to confirm and suggesting they follow the code in the future:)
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    well done

glad to see it all worked out in the end

sometimes you just have to stick with it and play the long game

a win is a win
  • Umkomaas
    edited 18 October 2017 at 10:55PM
    Options
    It’s rather falling that they make what is a fundamental error, with serious consequences to you as an individual, yet get away with a shrug of the BPA’s shoulders, yet you make one minor transgression, then it’s £100, a lengthy appeals process to wade through, the prospect of 6 years of harassment from debt collectors, a possible court hearing with tens of hours of research to develop a defence and all its spin-offs, the hearing and a possible CCJ.

Something doesn’t seem fairly balanced in all this. If you have a fraction of the energy we put into fighting all this, you will as a minimum write to your MP and complain about this appalling and hugely disproportionate imbalance between an out of control PPC behemoth and your average Joe/Josephine motorist.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport