IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Admin Centre help :(

Options

Comments

• Loki01
    Options
    Sorry, created new post. The date was 05/09/2017
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If the dates you have given are correct, then you need to complain to the BPA (cc to David Dunford of the DVLA) that you have been given insufficient time to make your appeal. Ask the BPA for sanction points be awarded against the hospital.

Complaints to the BPA and DVLA can be emailed to:

aos@britishparking.co.uk

or (if posting)

British Parking Association
    Stuart House
    41-43 Perrymount Road
    Haywards Heath
    West Sussex
    RH16 3BN

and DVLA:

FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Loki01
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If the dates you have given are correct, then you need to complain to the BPA (cc to David Dunford of the DVLA) that you have been given insufficient time to make your appeal. Ask the BPA for sanction points be awarded against the hospital.

Complaints to the BPA and DVLA can be emailed to:

[EMAIL="aos@britishparking.co.uk"]aos@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL]

or (if posting)

British Parking Association
    Stuart House
    41-43 Perrymount Road
    Haywards Heath
    West Sussex
    RH16 3BN

and DVLA:

[EMAIL="FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]FOI@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

What do I write to PCN Admin Centre?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Loki01 wrote: »
    What do I write to PCN Admin Centre?

What do you think you should write when they've told you you're too late to appeal?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Loki01
    Options
    Ok, let me rephrase.
    Should I write a separate email to PCN Admin Centre and cc the BPA in and also write a complaint to BPA separately and cc PCN Admin Centre in?

Are those grounds for a dismissal of the PCN?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    No such grounds exist. You seem to think this is a regulated process. Your reading of the newbies thread will have shown you this.

You complain to the BPA, as told. and the DVLA, as told.
    They MUST accpet appeals from a keeper. An NtK dated 05.09.2017 means you have plenty of time.
  • Loki01
    Options
    Is there a law I can quote that says I have 28 days?
  • Loki01
    Loki01 Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 1:37PM
    Options
    Dear Sirs,

PCN number: .....
    I would like to raise a complaint against Leeds Teaching Hospitals that is represented by PCN Admin Centre on the ground that they have not allowed a sufficient time to appeal the PCN as the keeper of the car. As they are a member of BPA and therefore must allow 28 days from the date of the Notice to Keeper.

I have enclosed the Notice to Keeper which is dated 05/09/2017. My attempt to receive a POPLA code (the appeal to PCN where by no means I have fully stated all the reasons I do not believe they have the right to claim the PCN from me) dates 11/09/2017. Enclosed is also a part the Notice of Keeper where it is clearly stated that I, as a keeper of the car, have 28 days to appeal. I have stated that I was not aware of any Notice to Driver and for these cases exactly, the code of practice applies. They are stating that they are pursuing this notice under POFA 2012 but they do breach its code.

I therefore request that you advice the company that I should receive the POPLA as soon as possible. ![FONT=&quot]The refusal to issue a POPLA code breaches the BPA Code of Practice, and this renders them liable to prosecution under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Practices 2008 (the specific offense being that they have failed to comply with a code of conduct to which you have committed).[/FONT]
    I also ask that sanction points are awarded against the hospital.

Thank you
    Yours Sincerely

Is this ok?
  • Loki01
    Loki01 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    What can I do if they simply refuse to give me the code? Can I complaint to POPLA anyway?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Send the letter, see how they respond. POPLA won't deal with the complaint.

There's no Law that dictates 28 days, just the BPA Code of Practice, which you have quoted.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport