Declined everywhere I go

Options
124»

Comments

• Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    Have you still got that 'regular letter'? Did it say which department it was from?

Was it similar to this one: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383304

Yes exactly like that.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    How do you contact the Nationwide special investigations staff?

From this thread:

You can contact our Special Investigations Department on 08457 77 88 33. They are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm. Alternatively, you can call our free phone number 0800 30 20 11 and they can transfer you to our Special Investigations Department.
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    From this thread:

You can contact our Special Investigations Department on 08457 77 88 33. They are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm. Alternatively, you can call our free phone number 0800 30 20 11 and they can transfer you to our Special Investigations Department.

Do you work for nationwide? I will do even though they denied black marking me. I am yet to speak to the SID though. We'll see how it goes.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    Do you work for nationwide? I will do even though they denied black marking me. I am yet to speak to the SID though. We'll see how it goes.

No. I've followed many of these threads though (and also had experience with SID myself...).
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    How did that go? Are SID any helpful
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    I don't know of any bank that has this in their terms and conditions. Can you name one, please? Also, how would the bank know that the salary is a "third party" one? They will only know where the money has come from, not who the intended payee is, if it isn't the account holder.

Guess what I used to do for the UK's largest retail bank!

I won't go into specifics but cases like this were my bread and butter.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 September 2017 at 11:32PM
    Options

And yet there seem to be procedures in place for exactly this eventuality.

For example
    I have had a few situations now where employees have put a third party's bank details on their employment forms - in one case definitely a parent; in other cases I presume their living partner. The employees have to fill in the form informing us of the bank details but don't have to sign this particular form. Maybe I'm being over-cautious coming from a practice background (money laundering etc) into industry but should we be getting signed confirmation from both parties if the account name is not that of the employee? Having said that, how would we know if J Bloggs on the account name was Joseph or Jordan Bloggs? It would only ever be a different surname or initial that would alert us to the fact that it's not their account.

Get a signature

I have used the following wording although it has not been checked with a lawyer:

"I hereby authorise and direct you to pay my salary into the following bank account: ........ I confirm that although this account is not in my name, the payment of my salary to that account will be accepted by me as if it had been made to an account in my name. This authority is to remain in force in respect of all future salary payments and until three working days after I cancel it in writing.

Full name..................

Signature..................

Date................"

I do not see why you would need the account holder's agreement.

We advise our clients to obtain signatures to the HMRC starter form and to the bank authority form although there is no legal requirement for this.

If you are in a regulated industry and suspect a money laundering offence e.g. you think the employee is trying to hide the salary from the Benefits Agency, then you/your MLRO may need to make a ML report and seek the authority of the NCA before carrying out the first transaction.

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/any-answers/employees-bank-accounts

And another
    If you’ve had bad credit in the past, you might find it hard to get a traditional bank account. And if this is the case and you’re starting a new job, you might want your employer to pay your wages into your partner’s account.

You can do this if you want – your employer can pay your wages into any account you want. But is it the best way to get your wages or can you get your own account? Let’s take a look at your options.

You can do this

As we explained, it is possible to get your wages in your partner’s account. You don’t need to worry that this is fraud or against any rules – your employer will just ask which account you want your wages to go into.
    https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/news-advice/can-i-have-my-wages-paid-into-my-partners-account-0-8549-0.htm
    ====
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    Thankyou very much "d123" that takes some stress of my back. Although i wont rest until i have my own bank account.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 10:00AM
    Options

If you won't go into specifics it suggests that you can't substantiate your claims. I've checked the terms and conditions for some of the major banks and I can't find any condition which forbids a third party from paying in their salary, as you allege.

SevenOfNine works for a payroll company where this is common and I personally have friends who have done, and continue to do it, with no repercussions.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 September 2017 at 8:15AM
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    It seems if there is fraud on an account, banks will automatically register a category 6 first party fraud loading with CIFAS regardless.

It's then up to the customer to complain and get them to overturn the decision to a victim of fraud category.

I can confidently state that this is not the case. If you've got a cat 6 loading, you're going to have done something naughty - forged cheques, obvious money laundering, pay at pump fraud etc.

For what it's worth, I've also never heard about a blanket prohibition on third party salaries being paid into accounts, but I imagine that would lead to some "interesting" discussions with the tax/benefits authorities were it to come to light, and you'd need to trust the other person a lot as legally when the money hits their account, it's theirs.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family