Declined everywhere I go

Options

Comments

• Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    If i was considered innocent to them they wouldnt have put the marker up in the first place. The truth is i am innocent its just a matter of struggle until I can solve this issue.

People have spent 40 years on jail for crimes they did not commit, remember that.
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    I have complained to nationwide time and time again, they just keep sending me to CIFAS like every other bank that declines me. So if I cannot get the CIFAS marker removed what then?

Can you please assist me in a alternative to get paid by work?

High street banks all deny me. And cashplus the prepaid system also deny me. Im literally stuck with no return.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    If i was considered innocent to them they wouldnt have put the marker up in the first place. The truth is i am innocent its just a matter of struggle until I can solve this issue.

People have spent 40 years on jail for crimes they did not commit, remember that.

Banks make mistakes. They're not perfect. To them at the moment it looks as though it appears there has been first party fraud on the account and as such they've probably (you can't confirm it until you get the CIFAS info back) registered your details against the first party fraud CIFAS category. What you will need to do if that's the case is demonstrate to Nationwide that it wasn't first party fraud, but third party fraud and that you're the victim of it.

Put it this way: you're not going to jail.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have complained to nationwide time and time again, they just keep sending me to CIFAS like every other bank that declines me. So if I cannot get the CIFAS marker removed what then?

High street banks all deny me. And cashplus the prepaid system also deny me. Im literally stuck with no return.

You will need to formally complain (that is, tell Nationwide you want to start a complaint and set out to them exactly what it is you're complaining about, why they're at fault and what you want them to do about it).

That will go something along these lines:

Tell the story of what happened in your view based on the sequence of events and what you know.

If CIFAS comes back as first party fraud, it will have an explanation logged as to the circumstances of the case. You can then say that the circumstances are not as Nationwide believe them to be, and as such you are demanding they overturn the decision to register your details with CIFAS against that category.

Nationwide will then investigate and once they've issued a final response if they still refuse to remove the CIFAS info then you'll need to go to the Financial Ombudsman and register the same complaint with them.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options

Can you not use a relative's account to have your wages paid into?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    You will need to formally complain...

...then you'll need to go to the Financial Ombudsman and register the same complaint with them.

But to save yourself a lot of hassle, it is only worth doing this if:
    1) You are genuinely a victim of a fraud
    2) It is Nationwide that have made the mistake.

Your other thread explains that you have contacted Nationwide and they say the CIFAS marker has nothing to do with them. That might also be a mistake, but you won't know until you get the SAR.

The other issue is that - based on the information you've provided - it is difficult to see how you could be a victim of fraud. You may well be the victim of an error, but there is no logical way a fraudster could benefit from (attempting?) to pay £1300 into your account with no ability to get the money back out - unless it was going to be done with your co-operation.

So even if you truly are entirely innocent, then you will still need to convince Nationwide that is the case - which will not be easy, especially since you've apparently 'agreed' when they said they were going to close the account due to suspected fraudulent activity.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Ahmsbelkz
    Options
    1) Nationwide deny placing any marker despite the fact they closed my account for fraud

2) i am the victim as fraudelent transfers occured when I lost my card. All you need is my account and sort code for that however I am not sure what type of fraud it was exactly as nationwide didn't fo in detail.

3) I am waiting on my report from CIFAS.

4) I am highly lost as I dont know how to receieve my wages. High street banks deny me as do prepaid cards.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can you not use a relative's account to have your wages paid into?

Do not! They risk losing their account. If their bank sees a third party salary being paid in it will be closed and they too will find it hard to get another bank account.

All banks will have this in their terms and conditions when you open an account.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Nationwide deny placing any marker despite the fact they closed my account for fraud They could have closed your account after noting the marker on CIFAS. They may very well have not put the marker there themselves

2) i am the victim as fraudelent transfers occured when I lost my card. All you need is my account and sort code for that however I am not sure what type of fraud it was exactly as nationwide didn't fo in detail.If the proceeds of fraud get paid into your account, it will look like you are a money mule. Why would someone pay money into your account unless they could remove it too? I work in the financial crime space and see so many cases where naive and ignorant people let their accounts be used by a fraudster.

3) I am waiting on my report from CIFAS.

4) I am highly lost as I dont know how to receieve my wages. High street banks deny me as do prepaid cards.
    Unfortunately, you don't have a right to an account, regardless of potential fraud.
    If a pre-paid card company won't on-board you, there is a lot more to this case than you are telling us
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 September 2017 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Do not! They risk losing their account. If their bank sees a third party salary being paid in it will be closed and they too will find it hard to get another bank account.

All banks will have this in their terms and conditions when you open an account.
    Right, Jim, didn't know that.

Although....looking online, it seems to be quite common.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure