Debenhams

Options
I have been trying to get ppl back on debenhams store card . I don't have the account number, but know the address for when I had the card my phone number mobile and landline has not changed e mail stayed the same I closed the account August 2007 . But still they say they cannot find me. What can I do

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nothing, if neither you nor they have details of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This question has already been comprehensively answered this morning:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73076818

Here it is again
    You are assuming that the personal details you have provided are enough for them to find your old account and they would be...if the account details were still on file.

Banks routinely delete old records around six years after the accounts cease to be active. You know your account was closed a decade ago.

If you want to be certain the financial institution concerned has kept no records, you can spend £10 on a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter, which will require them to send you any and all records which are still on file.

But it does look as if any complaint you might make is over before it's begun...
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been trying to get ppl back on debenhams store card . I don't have the account number, but know the address for when I had the card my phone number mobile and landline has not changed e mail stayed the same I closed the account August 2007 . But still they say they cannot find me. What can I do

Was it Debenhams you contacted?
    Santander is responsible for investigating PPI complaints for Debenhams store cards.

http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/help-support/complaints/ppi-complaints
  • PrettyPeach
    Options
    I am also trying hard to claim against Santander for PPI against a Debenhams store card. I took the store card out around 1996. Luckily I still had the account number. After reading a few post on the site I decided to contact Santanders PPI line, the gentleman quickly located the account and also a few others connected to my name which I had long forgot about.
    This was over 8 weeks ago, despite regular phone calls to Santander I get the same reply, 'the complaint is still ongoing and the case handler has not added any updates to the system'
    When I rang yesterday I was told that a letter had been sent out basically saying that the case was still under review but they were unable to say how long the process would take but it would now be treated as priority as it had passed the 8 week deadline for response!
    What I need advice on is should I just sit and wait for a response or should I go to the FOS where the wait could be much longer before a resolution is found?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should wait unless you want to go to FOS and wait a lot longer.
  • PrettyPeach
    Options
    Now really confused. Contacted Santander today to ascertain reason's for the delay. The gentleman I spoke to looked at the records and stated that they are awaiting a response from a 'third party' who they were not allowed to tell me who they were but stated I could look it up for myself saying that it would be the firm who bought the business from Santander. I assume this is New Day.
    Contacted New day to find the cause of the delay who stated that all PPI claims go through Santander! No wonder the response time is so long when each company is fighting over who is responsible for investigating.
  • PrettyPeach
    Options
    Can anyone offer advice? Today I rang Santander for an update and was told that all Store card complaints are now on hold while awaiting further FCA guidelines. Immediately contacted FCA who state that all guidelines were issued in Aug 17 and they have no plans to issue more. Why are Santander continually avoiding any response. Even their executive complaints team do not have th3 courtesy to reply. Really frustrated.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Contacted Santander today.....
    Contacted New day...
    Today I rang Santander....
    Immediately contacted FCA....
    executive complaints team do not have th3 courtesy to reply..... Really frustrated.
    It's really not surprising that ringing their call centre for "updates" is continually giving you conflicting advice. You are speaking to call centre operators who are not dealing with your complaint in any way. Contacting their "executive complaints team" has just started a new complaint for which they have eight weeks to respond.

Remember that you are not even certain that your complaint will be upheld and calling the FCA about an individual complaint is also an utter waste of time. You've even rung New Day who don't even have your complaint!

The Banks are currently swamped with Plevin complaints and so are struggling to deal with a backlog. As you were told here on October 20th, you can either patiently wait for the Bank to respond or you can refer your complaint to the Ombudsman which will likely delay the response still further..

Basically, there is nothing you can do to "hurry" their response. Eventually, you will either be refunded or rejected but in the meantime don't be adding unnecessary stress by continually calling all and sundry over what is a simple PPI complaint like literally millions of others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure