IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine received

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a look and it's a non-POFA NTK in wording, so certainly DO NOT imply who was driving in any complaint you make, as keeper.

You say there was a ticket on the windscreen, a PCN. Please show that (redacted).

If a PCN was placed on the windscreen (not just some warning) then they did get your data too early.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi UmKomaas
    Can you please remove the link to this image due to the advice given

Whoosh - it's gone. Magic!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have instructed the company to view the ccctv of me paying as nobody else entered the car park at the time what is the liikleyhood of my my appeal being upheld

Well, depending upon your wording in your appeal to the PPC, you could have ruined any chance of hiding behind Keeper liability.
  • Mingandmong
    Options
    hxxps://ibb.co/gt1MJa
    This is what was found on the windscreen it says it is not a PCN the demand for money came in the post 24 days later
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »

The same trick being used by Excel. It's obviously been latched on to by ESPEL now (owd Trev still in the background).

Just send off the IPC operator initial appeal template from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 and when they reject your appeal, just ignore anything further except for a LBCCC or a MCOL claim.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Mingandmong
    Options
    Hi all just update you all wile my appeal is being dealt with by the ppc (rejected I Would presume)
    Parked in a ppc on the 07/08/2017 noticed affixed to my screen this was not a NTD (minimal information on it)
    The car park does not operate ANPR system
    25/08/2017 applied to DVLA for driver details electronically KADOE 18 days after alleged parking infringement
    31/08/2017 NTK arrived via post 24 days after alleged parking infringement
    So should I have received NTK within 14 days or
    Should I have not received NTK before 28 days allowing me to pay, or appeal they have my personal data too soon
    I will await the ppc appeal before moving on to ipc appeal
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Have you read up on this in the FAQ thread?

In particular the advice on the futility of a second stage appeal with an IPC company ,(see also the advice given you in #17)
  • Mingandmong
    Options
    I do understand the response in # 17
    I just want some clarity on any failiures by the ppc in sendind out the NTK on the dates stated
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I do understand the response in # 17
    I just want some clarity on any failiures by the ppc in sendind out the NTK on the dates stated

My post #17 still applies. Why do you query it? As I've said previously, this is the hybrid NtD (or whatever it is) that is being used by Excel/VCS which the DVLA are turning a blind eye to.

Other than pile in with another complaint to David Dunford of the DVLA about the confusion created by this kind of 'ticket', as this is an IPC operator, there's not much else you can do after the initial appeal (as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1) for an IPC operator, than await any court papers where you will defend the charge with help from this forum.

The key is the failure of the DVLA to stamp on this practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport