Village Hotel Gym Memberships - Are they worth it?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
3 replies 30.2K views
Jlawson118Jlawson118 Forumite
1.1K Posts
Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
I was talking to a colleague at work today who was telling me he's got a membership at the Village Hotel quite close to work, he said he never uses the gym but likes the spa facilities such as the sauna and jacuzzi, it helps him wind down.

I'm currently paying £20 per month for my local leisure centre. It's £20 due to student discount otherwise it'd be about £35. But for this, I get a cold swimming pool that's usually full of kids during the term time, and when it's empty, it's really cold to a point nobody really stays in it long. But the problem is that they have set times for things, and it's not often you can use the pool if another event is going on. Although the gym has just been refurbished and is in quite good shape, but there's a lack of machines or weights if other people are using them.

I'm contemplating leaving and joining Village Hotels, yet off-peak there is £38 per month which is quite expensive considering what I'm paying now, but there's pool & gym access, as well as massages, jacuzzis, saunas etc, which sounds really good to me. I have a very fast paced and heavy duty job, and if anything an hour in the spa might help to wind down a little bit.

Is anybody else a member? Is it worth the money?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals